Moray Terraces and Maras Salt Pools Half-Day Tour from Cusco
This is a fantastic, shared, half-day tour to explore part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Cusco City. You will see amazing views of the Urubamba Mountains, the Veronica Mountain, and the green valleys of farms. On this trip with a professional guide, you will be able to learn about agriculture, textiles, and the history of the Incas, and see local people customs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Professional guide
- Transportation to the sights
What's excluded :
- FREE ENTRANCE IN 2020 - Entrance fees (22 USD or 70 soles for Moray archaeological site)
- Salt Mines (Maras) 3.50 USD or 10 soles
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cusco, Cusco, Cusco Region
We will start the tour picking up from your hotel in cusco
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
Moray is made up of three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, are thought to have been used as an agricultural laboratory to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Sacred Valley, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
On this tour you will travel to Peru’s historic Urubamba Valley. Located between Cusco and Machu Picchu, the Urubamba Valley is known for its lush scenery, picturesque colonial towns, and magnificent Incan fortresses.
Stop At: Maras, Maras, Cusco Region
You will head to the salt mines of Maras, which are just 2 miles away. Dating back to colonial times, Maras was considered a salt-producing center. Carved into the mountain side are over 3000 salt pools, which are filled daily by a little stream of water. Once the water evaporates, it leaves behind a glistening patchwork of salt. The salt mines are a great spot to take pictures and capture the amazing beauty of both the Andes and the spectacular Salineras.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance fees: you must have the tourist ticket to enter Moray. The tourist ticket is currently 22 USD or 70 soles for a 1-day ticket, or 47 USD or 130 soles for a 10-day ticket. This ticket will give you access to many other attractions in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and some museums and places of interest in Cusco. Maras is a separate ticket of 3.50 USD or 10 soles
- Meals: there are no meals served during this tour but you can buy snacks along the way. You should be back in Cusco in time to enjoy lunch on your own
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Limited capacity of our vehicles and seats distributed with the correct physical distance.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.