Morialta Wilderness and Wildlife Hike - Day Trip from Adelaide
Be amazed by the breathtaking landscape of this national park. As you follow the trails with your guide, witness an abundance of native flora and wildlife around the rock faces, gorges and seasonal waterfalls. Morialta’ s unspoiled wilderness is sure to bring out the natural explorer within you!
- Reconnect with nature in one of Adelaide’s most scenic National Parks. Small groups and an easy relaxed pace, ensures a fun and personalised experience.
- Explore the bush trails to discover the Valley Walk, Kookaburra Rock, Giant’s Cave, Morialta Falls Plateau and Eagles Nest Lookout. Hike to all three of the waterfalls along Fourth Creek. The trails are perfect for beginners and experienced bushwalkers alike.
- See native animals within their natural environment including wild koalas among the gum trees. Learn about the park’s early history and native plants
- As the trail come to an end, relax over a delicious picnic lunch while reflecting on your adventures!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fee
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Morialta Conservation Park
What's excluded :
After hotel pickup from central Adelaide, relax on the 30-minute drive to Morialta Conservation Park. You'll travel by minivan with a small group limited to eight passengers. En route, learn from your guide about the region, which is part of the traditional lands belonging to the aboriginal Kaurna people. Translated as 'ever flowing,' Morialta offers visitors a look at three seasonal waterfalls that cascade down sheer quartzite cliffs in the 1,236-acre (500-hectare) bushland.
Duration: 30 minutes
Location: pureSA, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
On arrival, set off on foot along hiking trails with your guide, and walk to rugged vistas to observe the morning light reflected on rock faces in the national reserve. You'll come upon the grand Morialta Falls and Second Falls. The less-visited and more tranquil Third Falls is nestled at the end of the trail. Take time to listen to the softly cascading water in this peaceful setting along Fourth Creek.
It's likely you'll spot koalas amid the diverse wildlife, including the occasional kangaroo or echidna. The creeks, rock pools, and higher slopes of the gorge offer an ideal habitat to several species of frogs and small lizards such as geckos, skinks, and dragons. Listen to the sounds of native birds such as the superb fairy-wren, rare golden whistler, rainbow lorikeet, and laughing kookaburra. See how many species you can discover, and search for delicate orchid species and other wildflowers that are abundant each winter and spring.
Finish off with a delicious picnic lunch.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Morialta Conservation Park, Stradbroke Road 10km North East of Adelaide, Woodforde, South Australia 5072 Australia
Departure Point :pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 8am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 7.40am.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- This is a moderate graded hike. The total distance walked is approximately 6 km over 3 hours. It involves some steep inclines and uneven surfaces and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In the interest of sustainability we recommend to bring a refillable drink bottle.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Pure SA follow recommendations of the South Australian Health department with COVID-19 health, safety and operational protocols in accordance with regulations covering tour operations. The full policy can be read on the Pure SA website. Note, face masks are not mandatory but are available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.