Morning Cycling Tour in Mandalay
Join our morning ride and discover a different side of Mandalay! This fantastic Mandalay bike tour pedals through local roads and villages rarely seen by tourists, introducing them to the authentic local culture and lifestyles. Explore markets, see traditional handicrafts and meander through rice paddies by bike while accompanied by a fun local English-speaking guide. Conclude the tour with a traditional tea house lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- All activities as per itinerary
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Everyone will meet at the local tour operators office in Mandalay. From here you will begin your ride, taking the back roads out of town. You will pass through fresh markets and lively neighborhoods as you head to the northeastern part of the city.
After a short pedal you will find yourself in the countryside, where farmers tend to their fields and villagers go about daily rituals that have remained unchanged for decades. Water buffalo lazily roll in the mud, goats nibble at the foliage as friendly locals wave from all directions.
As you continue on your bike ride we will stop at a fresh market where you will learn about the variety of produce offered. Next, continue on and see live bamboo weaving, used to construct roofs, walls, fans and more. Later, enjoy a walk in the countryside through a typical Myanmar village and learn about their way of life and the different crops they use. On the way back to town the tour will stop at a local tea shop for some delicious snacks and tea. Return to the departure location by 12 pm at noon. Your tour will conclude here.
Departure Point :Grasshopper Adventures - Mandalay Bike Tours, Parami Lane, between Streets 25 & 26 and Streets 58 & 59 Mahar Zayyar Bon Quarter, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Dress code: Please wear conservative clothes with shoulders covered and shorts that reach at least to mid-thigh because you will be cycling through conservative local villages
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.