Morning in Yangon
Get tired of the hustle, bustle and all stresses of daily life and want to enjoy the tranquility and peaceful beauty of Yangon in the morning? The half day tour of Morning in Yangon is definitely for you!
What You'll Do
• Visit the holiest site of Myanmar – the Shwedagon Pagoda
• Get various religious items at a row of shop at the base of Shwedagon Temple
• Turn down a hidden laneway to explore a busy and colorful market tucked amid a labyrinth of small yet lovely alleys
• Interact and make friend with these lovely locals
• Savor a bowl of noodles besides a cup of coffee and local tea
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transfers private ground transportation with Aircon
- Breakfast with tea/coffee
- Local English Speaking Station Guide
- Purified water 0.5 ml (2) bottle & (2) wet towels on sightseeing day only
What's excluded :
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- In the morning, you will be picked up at 08.00 at your hotel.
Your first stop is at Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the holiest sites of this country. In the morning hours, you can see the pagoda really busy with local nuns, monks and pilgrims coming to pay their respects to the Buddha as well as pray. Here, you will take time to walk around the platform and learn more about Burmese beliefs including: the astrological system and its role in the daily life of the locals. What create a serene atmosphere are the early morning light, sounds of chants and faint tinkling of bells.
After exploring Shwedagon, you will descend the eastern stairway to find a large number of shops at the base of the temple, where you can find various religious items. Here you can find monks robes, offerings, incense, alms bowls and other unique Buddhist objects. As browsing the stalls, you will be explained about the use and rituals of Myanmar's Buddhist people.
After that, you will turn down a hidden laneway to explore a busy and colorful market tucked amid a labyrinth of small yet lovely alleys. In this atmospheric little market, fresh produce, noodles, rice together with a wide variety of dry goods are on sale.
It’s time to head to Modern Tea Shop, which is an open-air tea shop busy from morning until night with local office families, businessmen and workers, who come to enjoy a meal and an exciting chat with their friends after having worked up an appetite. Along with breakfast, you can sample a cup of sweet tea or local coffee. One of the most popular dishes is the famous mohinga noodles but more than a dozen other meals including mee shay noodles, nangyi, chappati-style bread with dips, cakes and savory pastries are also available.
Finally, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
NOTE: Optional supplement: depart at 05.30 and join the locals in the park for Tai Chi. Every morning as the sun comes up, dozens of Yangon residents gather in a park near Shwedagon to practice Tai Chi. Join a group or request a private session with a local instructor. Supplement will apply for car/guide service at this hour.
Departure Point :Hotels in Yangon city
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Yangon city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.