Morning Ride in Mandalay (Half Day)
Mandalay Morning Ride – a tour that can change people’s perceptions of dusty, noisy Mandalay, concentrating as it does on the quieter, leafier streets of the Eastern suburbs.
This is an easy morning’s ride, which gives a great chance to learn about the lives of the residents of Myanmar’s second city.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking host/guide
- Assistant host/mechanic for 6+ pax
- Mountain bikes
- Snacks - Snacks & water during the ride
What's excluded :
- Meals and Drinks
- Private Guide/ Instructor
- Any others not mentioned in inclusive
● Meets at the starting point in Mandalay at 07.30 for bike fitting and Safety Briefing
● Rides approx. 1km to Nan Shay Market for a 15 or 20-minute visit.
● Another short ride takes the group to the area of Shwenandaw and Kuthodaw. The
guide gives a brief history from the outside but does not normally enter either
● Along the way various local industries are shown, such as bamboo weaving and a
● The route then winds through the backstreets of Eastern Mandalay, giving a close-up
look at the lives of the residents.
● Before long the group is in open rice fields with views of the Shan Mountains
● Smaller villages are visited and then the township of Pathengyi, where a snack stop is
made at a local tea shop
● Continuing, the group might visit basket weaving and a cane fan maker
● The longest single stretch of cycling is about 5km (on a reasonably quiet road)
● A “tea shop lunch” is served in one of the tea shops near to the Grasshopper shop.
After eating, the tour finishes back at the shop around 12.30
Departure Point :Mandalay Region, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :9/11/2019 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.