Morning World Heritage Cruise on the Gordon River from Strahan
World Heritage Cruises is a local family owned and operated cruise located in Strahan, Tasmania’s beautiful and rugged west coast, where you will cruise into the World Heritage listed South West wilderness.
On-board the 35mtr catamaran ‘Harbour Master’ enjoy the natural and historic features of Tasmania's West Coast – Including Hells Gates, an array of aquaculture farms, a Sarah Island convict settlement guided tour and two hours of cruising the Gordon River where you disembark for a stroll through the rainforest to explore the Unesco listed World Heritage South West Wilderness.
Cruises depart the Strahan Wharf 9am daily returning at 3pm, a superb lunch featuring locally raised smoked salmon is freshly prepared on-board and is included during the cruise.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local on-board Guides
- Live commentary by the skipper
- A Sarah Island Guided Tour
- Gold seating includes lunch and morning tea
- Entry/Admission - World Heritage Cruises
What's excluded :
- Drinks & Snacks can be purchased on-board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off N/A
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: World Heritage Cruises, Strahan, Tasmania 7468 Australia
9am daily your cruise departs Strahan
Your first point of interest is Hells Gates, the narrow-channel entrance from the wild Southern Ocean to Macquarie Harbour.
Continue along the harbour to see aquaculture pens stocked with thousands of ocean trout and Atlantic salmon.
Your first stop off the boat is Sarah Island, a one hour guided tour on the island conveys a keen appreciation of the harsh conditions at what was Tasmania's first and perhaps most notorious penal settlement.
Step back on-board and while enjoying your lunch you will cruise slowly along the majestic Gordon River and rediscover serenity while gliding deep into the ancient rainforest. Disembark at Heritage Landing for a stroll along the boardwalk through the Unesco listed Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park and see the hushed, lichen-covered rainforest and one of its oldest inhabitants a 2000-year-old Huon Pine tree.
Board once more and sit back and relax while you make your journey back to Strahan.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :18 Esplanade, Strahan TAS 7468, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant under 2 no seating allocated
- cruises not available Christmas day or 15 July to 15 August
- Wheelchair accessible on the main deck only
- Your boarding tickets will be held at the booking office next to the vessel for collection
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animals must have identification as we are in a World Heritage area
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 216 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.