Moroccan Sahara Desert 3-Day Private Guided Tour from Marrakech
This private 3 day camel trek will take you into the heart of the Moroccan Sahara Desert. You will cross through the Atlas Mountains via the stunning Tizi-n-Tichka pass, you will see Kasbahs (including having opportunity to explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Aït Ben Haddou Kashbah), orange sand dunes large and small, oases, distant mountain summits, the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs, the ‘Moroccan Hollywood’, and sunrises and sunsets so beautiful you will never forget them when you spend the night amidst the stark beauty of the Sahara Desert.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Return private transport from Marrakech
- English Speaking Guide (Other languages can be catered for)
- Camel trekking to Erg Chebbi
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Merzouga Desert
Day 1: MARRAKECH - AIT BEN HADDOU - DADES GORGE
Stop At: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
Day 1: Marrakech - Dades Gorge Your driver and guide will meet you at the reception of your accommodation in Marrakech. First, you will cross the spectacular Tizi n' Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains. Your first stop will be to visit two Kasbahs, Ait Ben Haddou (a UNESCO World Heritage site, which has been used as the location for over 20 different movies) and Kasbah Telouet. Driving between these two Kasbahs you will have another quick stop to take a look at the Salt Caves. After these stops you will drive onwards, passing through many Berber villages, being able to observe the Skoura oasis, Kalaat Mâgouna, with groves of spectacular olive trees and barren hillsides that are clustered among Kasbahs and traditional Berber houses. After lunch, you will drive further to the Valley of the Roses, with beautiful views of the Dades Valley (also known as the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs). You will spend your night in a hotel in Dades Valley with dinner included.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Will be staying in traditional riad !
Day 2: Dades Gorge - Todgha Gorge - Merzouga Erg Chebbi
Pass By: Dades Gorges, R704 Atlas Mountains, Boumalne Dades 45350 Morocco
Day Two: Valley of the Roses - Todra Gorge - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi
Your 2nd day will start with breakfast at the hotel, before you travel to Todra Gorge, a massive fault that divides the enormous High Atlas Mountain range. The Gorge will take you to 300m above sea level and through a narrow valley, with palmeries and Berber villages. Your next stop will be the village of Arfoud, a famous area for fossils and you will have a chance to observe the process of cleaning and polishing the fossils and be able to see the finished products. After lunch you will head to the tiny village of Merzouga where, after a short break, you will ride camels into the incredible Erg Chebbi dunes – the highest dunes in Morocco. After the dunes, it is a 1.5-hour sunset camel ride to a traditional Berber meal and the opportunity to sleep under the stars (or in a tent if you prefer) at a Berber desert camp.
Accommodation included: Night in middle of the desert in Berber camp.
Day 3: Erg Chebbi - Merzouga - Marrakech
Stop At: Merzouga, Merzouga, Draa-Tafilalet
Day Three: Erg Chebbi - Merzouga - Marrakech As the morning breaks on your 3rd day, you will be treated to a beautiful view of the early morning sunrise as you saddle up for the journey back to Merzouga. You will return to Marrakech through Ouarzazate where you will have lunch (the visit of the Kasbah of the city, and the studio of the cinema depends on time availability) before concluding your journey in Marrakech.
Duration: 8 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - although it is the Sahara Desert the temperatures can be cooler in winter months with temperatures dropping on a night. Please bring some warm clothes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.