Mossman Gorge Dreamtime Walk and Low Isles Snorkeling and Sailing Cruise
Experience two UNESCO World Heritage–listed natural wonders on a full-day tour that visits the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. Within Daintree National Park, tour Mossman Gorge with an Aboriginal guide who shares local indigenous culture with your small group limited to 15 people. In the afternoon, join a sailing cruise aboard a luxury catamaran with numbers limited to 33 adults, stopping at the Low Isles for a snorkeling or glass-bottom boat tour and time on the beach. Snacks, beer or wine, and round-trip hotel transportation included.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dreamtime walk with Aboriginal guide
- Tea, coffee and snacks on arrival
- Guided snorkeling tour and equipment
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Afternoon tea
- A glass of beer or wine, and canapes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Port Douglas only)
- Seasonal lycra snorkeling suits, wet suits & flotation devices
- Entry/Admission - Daintree National Park
- Entry/Admission - Mossman Gorge
What's excluded :
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC) AU$6.50 payable direct on the day of travel
- After hotel pickup, travel by air-conditioned vehicle for 20 minutes to reach Mossman Gorge, situated within Daintree National Park. When you arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage site, receive a traditional welcome ceremony by your Kuku Yalanji hosts, then join an Aboriginal guide for a leisurely rainforest walk.
In your small group, listen to commentary on local Dreamtime stories that reveal the close relationship between the local indigenous people and the natural environment. Stroll along private walking trails to see traditional structures and learn which forest plants provide shelter, food and medicine. You may encounter plants used for soap and ochre paint, and wildlife such as the Boyd's forest dragon and Ulysses butterfly.
Wrap up your Dreamtime walk with a snack of homemade damper (bread cooked over a campfire) and bush tea. Then return to Port Douglas for your afternoon cruise to the Low Isles.
Step aboard a luxury catamaran with one of the only cruise operators permitted to stop at the coral cays of the Low Isles. Sit outdoors or indoors and nibble canapes with a glass or beer or wine as your boat sets sail. Numbers are limited to 33 adults, ensuring a more intimate cruise.
When you reach the Low Isles, enjoy several hours to do as much or as little as you like. You can learn about the Great Barrier Reef’s underwater world on a guided snorkeling tour led by a marine biologist or on a glass-bottom boat tour with expert commentary. Snorkeling from the beach is an easy option for new snorkelers who want to get comfortable with the equipment. Or, you can simply relax on the boat or white-sand beach.
Afternoon tea is served on the catamaran. As your boat returns to Port Douglas, catch a gorgeous sunset over the Coral Sea, depending on the season. Your tour ends in the evening with transport back to your hotel. Alternatively, you could have dinner in Port Douglas after disembarking, then make your own way to your hotel.
Departure Point :Port Douglas hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:35pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. A light jacket is recommended for cooler evenings
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The health and safety of our customers and employees is and always has been our highest priority. Our new operating procedures bring together a number of new and existing wellbeing measures to give you peace of mind when you travel with Sailaway.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.