Most of the surviving buildings
Rabati Castle is a medieval structure in Akhaltsikhe, Georgia, which dates back to the 13th century. Originally, the fortress was called the Lomisa Castle until it was conquered by the Ottoman Empire. The Ottomans ruled the land for centuries until Russia took it due to the Treaty of Adrianople in 1829.
A renovated Rabati Castle was opened in Akhaltsikhe in August 2012. Restoration and reconstruction works on Rabati began in May 2011 and covered a space of seven hectares. Old, nearly destroyed buildings were restored by architects and engineers, using archive materials and images. A mosque, a minaret, a synagogue, a Christian church, the Jakelis’ Palace, a museum and a citadel are the restored antique buildings, which can be seen at the renovation site.
At present, Rabati Castle is one of Georgia’s national landmarks and a tourist attraction.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Rabati Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rabati Castle, Akhaltsikhe Georgia
Rabati Castel - Built in the 13th century, developed under the influence of diﬀerent cultures over subsequent centuries and this is reflected in its architecture. Within the 7 hectares castle complex there is a Church, a Mosque, a Minaret and a Synagogue. The President of Georgia described the recently restored Rabati Castle as a “crown of restoration in Georgia”.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Heydar Aliyev garden, 3 Vakhtang Gorgasali St, T'bilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.