Mostar city tour - where East meets West
Mostar City Tour – designed by those who are part of the soul of this city !
The Old Bridge,UNESCO World Heritage Site, connects the cobblestone streets of Mostar’s old town on either side of the river, as well as the mix of Ottoman, Western and Mediterranean influences that shaped this charming place.
Walking through Mostar is a walk through the past. Its ancient walls tell timeless tales of the way it used to be. Its present struggle to keep its identity as a multi-ethnic community is an inspiring model for the future.
Experience Bosnia Herzegovina’s most photographed city!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This private tour includes hotel pick up and drop off from accommodation in Mostar, visiting all the main sights of the city.
The city of Mostar is situated in a beautiful valley bedded between high mountains of Herzegovina. It is thanks to the river Neretva that Mostar was able to develop as a city in the desert-like landscape. Neretva’s size turned Mostar very early in to a trading centre of the region. The world-famous Stari Most (Old Bridge) of white stone spanning the turquoise waters of the river is Mostar’s main symbol. The bridge’s swooping stone arch was originally built between 1557 and 1566 on the orders of Suleyman the Magnificent. It was the great architect Mimar Hajrudin, the disciple and the colleague of the greatest architect from the Ottoman Empire, Mimar Sinan, who had succeded with the almost impossible mission to cross the Neretva river with a single span stone bridge. The bridge has always been Mostar’s raison d’être.
Mostar is an extraordinary town in every sense of the word!
Its beauty goes far beyond its ancient “Old Town” and the Old bridge that once stood uniting the city over the emerald Neretva River. The Mediterranean climate makes it the warmest city in Bosnia&Herzegovina. Its days are mostly sunny with clear blue skies and the Neretva River turns the dry arid surrounding green with figs, grapes, pomegranates, kiwis, mandarin and lemons. The fertile grounds along the entire Neretva valley have made Mostar a settlement dating back over 10,000 years.
Sites to see include: Old town and Old Bazaar, including a comprehensive tour of the Old bridge with its towers, meet and greet with members of the infamous Diving club Mostari, refreshing drink in unique Čardak (watch tower) coffee shop (optionally), witness an amazing awe inspiring 25metre dive from the Old Bridge (optionally), War museum, art galleries.You will see also: Crooked Bridge, Ottoman Residences (16th–19th century), Public Turkish Bath (hammam), natural cave in the heart of the Old town, Clock tower (sahat-kula), Koski Mehmed-pasha Mosque, Hadži-Kurt Mosque or Tabačica, Metropolitan Palace (1908), Karagöz Bey Mosque (1557), ex first line of the front Boulevard, west part of the city with a big park and much more.
Note: The tickets for the visit of the mosques, museums and Ottoman house are not included in the price. Our goal is to show you all the places of interest in the city and you choose whether you want them to visit depending on your preferences.
Departure Point :Mostar
Departure Time :9am (flexible) 5pm
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.