Mostraumen and Osterfjord Cruise - All year from Bergen
Join our round-trip cruise from Bergen in spectacular fjord scenery. This fantastic tour takes you up the 27-kilometer long Osterfjord. Underway, the fjord narrows between steep mountains as we bring you safely through the powerful currents of the shallow and narrow Mostraumen strait. We sail our bow right up to a waterfall to catch a bucket of ice-cold mountain water for you to sample before turning back and returning to Bergen through the magnificent landscape. Our modern, comfortable boats have sundecks and kiosks offering refreshments, including beer and wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Mostraumen & Osterfjord Cruise
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Osterfjorden, Alver, Norway
Osterfjorden is a fjord in Vestland county. The fjord is one of three fjords surrounding the island of Osterøy. The fjord runs along the municipal border of Lindås and Osterøy municipalities. The fjord begins at the Romarheimsfjorden and flows to the west for 27 kilometres (17 mi) before ending near the village of Knarvik at the confluence of four fjords: Osterfjorden, Radfjorden (to the north), Sørfjorden (to the south), and Salhusfjorden (to the west). The Osterfjorden is generally about 1 to 3 kilometres (0.62 to 1.86 mi) wide and the deepest point in the fjord reaches a depth of 639 metres (2,096 ft) below sea level.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mostraumen, Modalen, Norway
Canalized river with tidal water deep into the Osterfjord. The stream is about 600 metres long and between 50 and 60 meters wide at the most narrow place. Mostraumen was canalized (dredged) about 1913.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Torget 2, 5014 Bergen, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.