Mount Etna and Etna Wine Tasting private tour from Giardini Naxos
Spend a day full of nature and history, on this tour to Mount Etna, where you will visit the highest active volcano in Europe, During the trip, you will have a wonderful opportunity to taste the products of the Etna area in a great Vineyard.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Wine and food tasting
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valle Del Bove, 95019 Zafferana Etnea, Sicily Italy
You will be picked up at your accommodation (Cruise Port or hotel) with one of our off-road vehicles and will head to Mount Etna.
On your way, you will see idyllic Sicilian villages and some of Sicily’s most famous wine-growing region. Learn about the country and its culture, admire the majestic play of colors of the black lava and the extraordinary nature on Mount Etna.
The Bove Valley is a huge volcanic caldera on the eastern side of Etna. It is very important from the vulcanological point of view, because along the walls emerge various levels of ancient rocks that allow to rebuild the evolution history of the Volcano. Ascent by cable car (2500 meters) and then we will reach the edge of the caldera by foot from here we can go into the ashes canal leading down to the valley where you cross the lava field of the ’91 – 93 and finish the excursion at the Piano del Vescovo (1700 meters).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
The Giovannino Sapienza refuge is a former alpine refuge located at 1,910 meters above sea level on the southern slope of Etna, in the territory of the municipality of Nicolosi (CT). It is in fact the base of the ski resort of South Etna, situated at the end of the road that climbs the south-eastern slope of Etna from Catania with lifts that branch off to his side with Etna cableway. Designed during the fascist period and built after the Second World War by the Italian Alpine Club (CAI) Section of Catania, today it is used as a small hotel. He has repeatedly risked being overwhelmed by the eruptions of Etna whose lava flows have often lapped him without ever destroying him, as happened instead for the ski lifts, which were then always rebuilt.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
During the tour, your guide will explain to you the most fascinating phenoms of the Volcano and will inform you about plants and creatures.
During the light walk, you will see the incomparable landscape with the ancient and latest lava. We will stop at some of the most stunning places on Mount Etna. Also, you will visit a typical Etna’s cave.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zafferana Etnea, Zafferana Etnea, Province of Catania, Sicily
After exploring the volcano you will go to the Sicilian cantina where Sicilian specialities will be served: Typical Sicilian appetizer, Pasta, dessert, water, bread, coffee and of course wine. You will learn about local wine-producing and the importance of Mount Etna in this connection.
Take a rest after lunch and wine tasting and enjoy the stunning views.
Zafferana Etnea spread around the Priory of San Giacomo, founded in 1387 in the upper part of the Valle del Bove, the point of confluence of the lava streams from Etna's Eastern craters which frequently have destroyed the town, which has always been rebuilt. Zafferana Etnea was threatened by the 1992 volcanic eruption of Mt. Etna. It is now a summer resort with views of landscapes toward both the mountain and the sea.
The unforgettable tour ends with the return to your accommodation.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Giardini Naxos, Via Schisò, 98035 Giardini Naxos ME, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We recommend sturdy shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.