Mount Etna and winery private tour from Messina
The Etna wine tour gives you the opportunity to explore all about Etna's wine and Mount Etna, the highest active volcano of Europe. Your guide will lead you to discover the enthralling volcanic phenomena, walking through ancient forests, on old craters, and unique lava formations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- Wine tasting
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
- Entry/Admission - Craters Silvestri of Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giarre, Giarre, Province of Catania, Sicily
Departing from the cruise port exit gate or your hotel in Messina. Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothes according to the weather.
Then you will have a picturesque seaside ride to Giarre town.
Giarre is a tiny village in the province of Catania where it is possible to discoverer impressive cultural attractions. It was founded in the 16th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
From Giarre town we will ride towards Mount Etna. The scenic route passing the villages of Santa Venerina and Zafferana Etnea as well as the memorable landscape of farms, vineyards, woods, dried lava flows, and volcanic cones. And of course, we will have stops to take photos.
If you will want we will have local food tasting in a restaurant at an altitude of 2000 meters.
Mount Etna on Sicily, locally called "Mongibello", is Europe's largest and most active volcano. Its frequent eruptions are often accompanied by large lava flows, but rarely pose danger to inhabited areas. Etna is one of the volcanoes with the longest historic records of eruptions, going back more than 2000 years.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Craters Silvestri of Mount Etna, 95030 Nicolosi, Sicily Italy
After that, we will visit Silvestri Craters.
The Monti Silvestri are two inactive craters formed as a result of the Mount Etna eruption of 1892. Situated just a few steps from the Rifugio Sapienza in Nicolosi at about 1,900 m above sea level, the craters are named after Prof. Orazio Silvestri. Half of all visitors of Mount Etna travel via Nicolosi on the southern slopes to see this highest active volcano in Europe. A walk up and around the Silvestri craters is a good solution for all those who have problems with their heart or lungs and cannot go further up to the summit. The volcanic landscape around the craters is impressive and of a rare natural beauty.
Again time for photos before we head to one of the wineries of Mount Etna, a pleasant time dedicated to visiting the winery. The visit includes the history of the local grapes, the way of vinification, and of course tasting of different wines.
The tour ends with a pleasant trip back to Messina.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Messina, Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 27, 98122 Messina ME, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.