Mount Evans Via Ferrata Climbing Experience in Idaho Springs
A Via Ferrata, which means “iron way” in Italian, is a method of mountaineering & rock climbing that’s been used in Europe for centuries. Via Ferrata courses use a combination of ladders, rungs, rails, cables and bridges to aid in moving across and up a cliff face. The Iron Way in Idaho Springs is an assisted rock climbing guided tour where guests clip into cables that run along the side of a cliff. They then move along a designated path of iron rungs and bridges to move across, and along the way they will be required to clip in and out of the cable to progress through the course. This is made possible through an advanced internal locking system in the carabiners. Each guest will have 2 carabiners connected to bungee-style lanyards on their harness. The internal locking system makes it impossible to clip out of both at the same time, insuring that climbers are connected to the cable of the course at all times.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The newest adventure to AVA is one you simply can't miss! The Via Ferrata will take you high above Chicago Creek along the cliffs that look down over Idaho Springs. You will make your way across the cliff side along paths, ladders, rungs, rails, cables and bridges with your experienced guide. This 3-hour excursion includes cliff traversing, rappelling, a 50-foot free fall and ziplining! Minimum age 12.
Your Via Feratta tour starts at our Idaho Springs Outpost, where you'll check in and receive your gear - all provided at no additional cost. Don your harness, pulley and gloves and then take a look and listen as we give you the course safety rundown.
With multiple departure times per day, you'll find it easy to book a trip that works for you.
Departure Point :431 Chicago Creek Rd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weight minimums and maximums are 40 lbs to 250 lbs.
- Operates in all weather conditions (exception of lightning), please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.