Mount Gay Tasting And Lunch Experience in Barbados
Mount Gay Rum, the oldest, most storied rum in the world, has been produced in Barbados with passion and unparalleled craftsmanship since 1703, thus earning it the title “the rum that invented rum.” On this tasting Experience you will learn about the history of Mount Gay rum, experience a serving of 4 signature rums and enjoy traditional Bajan fare with signature live food stations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Complimentary rum punch
- Professional and knowledgeable Brand Host
- Rum tasting
- Lunch to follow
- Entry/Admission - Mount Gay Visitor Centre
What's excluded :
- Additional alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Transportation ( Contact us if required )
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Gay Visitor Centre, Spring Garden Highway Exmouth Gap, Brandons, Bridgetown Barbados
The Mount Gay Vistor Centre where you will discover the history and craftsmanship of Mount Gay rum. The Tasting will kick off with complimentary Rum Punch which you can enjoy while your Brand Host takes you through the legacy Museum which offers visitors a fascinating glimpse into the illustrious history of Mount Gay Rum and the island of Barbados.
From there, you will view a short film that will provide even more information about Mount Gay and its rum production. After the short film you will be taken to the Tasting Room where you will enjoy a tasting of 3 Mount Gay rums. Your Host will walk you through the tasting explaining the differences between each rum that you taste.
After the tasting, you will enjoy a traditional Bajan lunch with live food stations. You will also be given time to visit the gift shop where you can purchase some bottles, gifts or souvenirs for yourself. A few of the rums can only be purchased on the island!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mount Gay Visitors' Centre, Spring Garden Hwy, Bridgetown, Barbados
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.