Mount Kenya Trek
As you hike up the mountain, you have a chance to reforest the area with special seedballs which you may throw to the ground. We love to be conscious of our environment and do what we can to protect it. With is you have a chance to give back to nature.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - All meals are catered for on the mountain
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Accommodation in huts/ tents
What's excluded :
- Tips to guides, cooks and porters
- Personal climbing equipment
Sirimon Gate (2660m) to Oldmoses Camp (3,340m)
Leave Nairobi at 8 am to Sirimon Gate taking about 4 hours. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill through the forest which becomes heath land. About 3 hours from the gate the track veers right to Old Moses Camp, for dinner and an overnight stay.
Oldmoses Camp (3,340m) to Shipton’s Camp (4236m)
After breakfast, follow the track uphill, forking left at the junction. After one hour from Old Moses Camp, the track crosses Ontulili River. Go right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the main peaks.
Dinner and an overnight stay at Shipton Camp.
Summit Pt. Lenana (4985m) to Mackinder’s Camp (4,300m)
Predawn start (3am) for the summit attempt. Up steep screes and a bare rocky track to reach the hikers summit, Pt Lenana in time for sunrise. We aim to reach the summit and witness the magical sunrise over the equator at 6.30am.
Descent via Naro moru route on the opposite end of the peaks to reach Mackinder’s camp for breakfast.
Hike to Naromoru gate (2600m)
Departure for NAIROBI (1965m)
• Mount Kenya National Park Kenya
Departure Point :Parkside Hotel, Monrovia St, Nairobi, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers from any hotel in Nairobi or outside of Nairobi if requested. We are flexible with pick ups.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/22/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.