Mount Longonot Full-Day Hiking and Trekking Trip from Nairobi
Climbing Mount Longonot delivers trekkers with an interesting and inspiring hike culminating into one of the best and exciting views in Kenya . Set your own pace as you climb the volcano, walk around the crater rim, then explore Lake Navaisha, with the option to book a boat ride at lake Naivasha.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- Boat ride fees in Lake Naivasha (20USD per person)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
Mount Longonot Day Trip hiking Safari departs daily from Nairobi after breakfast and the drive takes approximately an hour. You start the assent at 6000 feet. Like all good uphill hikes it will lull you in to a sense of false security with a slow gentle rise to the first peak.
This gives you a chance to get your lungs and limbs freed up for the second section, which is the most awesome. At the end of each section there is a rest point where you can prepare yourself for the next part of your journey. You will have started early to avoid the heat of the Sun but by the time you reach the end of the second section you would have generated your own heat. This hike is not an easy hike but is achievable by people of average fitness. Our guide will accompany you to the top.
As you heave yourself over the rim of the crater your reward is the awesome sight of Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley and you know that it was all worthwhile. The whole tour is only about 8–9 km long but very steep, so that the round trip of park gate - Longonot Peak - park gate takes around 5 hours hiking. Hikers need to be reasonably fit to take part on this hike. The magnificent views from the crater rim itself are however worth every painful step and the effort. This day hiking is of moderate difficulty with steep climbing. Terrain has fine dust, with loose gravel in some areas of the hike. You should bring with you comfortable hiking shoes, light clothing and drinking water.
When you get off the mountain, take a break at Mount Longonot National Park headquarters, before heading to Lake Navaisha, where you’ll have the option to purchase lunch at the lakeside Marina Camp. If desired, book a sightseeing boat ride on Lake Navaisha, where hundreds of bird species thrive alongside a population of hippos. Following your time at Lake Navaisha, this tour concludes with return transfer to your Nairobi hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available from Airbnb and private ApartmentsAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.