Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne
Enjoy a day of Alpine adventure in Switzerland on this half-day, summer trip to Mt Pilatus from Lucerne. Begin your journey toward the skies with a 30-minute panoramic gondola ride to Fräkmüntegg, and then hop aboard the aerial cableway for your ascent to the summit of Mt Pilatus. Relax at your leisure on the peak or take a short hike to make the most of the stunning scenery below. Descend to Alpnachstad aboard the world's steepest cogwheel train and cruise out onto Lake Lucerne to admire the views from the water.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Guide
- Cable car ride (except during maintenance)
- Cogwheel train ride
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne (from October 18 lunch voucher will be provided instead of boat ride)
- Entry/Admission - Pilatus Luzern
- Entry/Admission - Lake Lucerne
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
Meet your guide in central Lucerne (Frankenstrasse 2-4) in the early afternoon.
Stop At: Pilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Hop aboard your comfortable coach for the short journey to Kriens, at the foot of the imposing Mt Pilatus. On arrival, begin your ascent to the mountain’s lofty summit with a 30-minute panoramic gondola ride to the Fräkmüntegg terminus. Enjoy beautiful views over the rolling hills and lush pine forests below.
At Fräkmüntegg, hop aboard the aerial tramway — a spacious and modern cabin with panoramic windows designed to give the feeling of flight. Continue your climb to the summit at a dizzying altitude of 7,000 feet, and take in spectacular views over the Alpine peaks and lakes from your vantage point on the mountain.
During your free time atop Mt Pilatus, perhaps sit down to a high-altitude lunch among the peaks (own expense) or relax on the expansive sun terrace. Venture down the Dragon's Path and take the short hike around the summit to enjoy the amazing views.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Alpnachstad, Alpnachstad
Take the world's steepest cogwheel train down to Alpnachstad, descending past trickling mountain streams and sheer rock faces toward the verdant, green meadows below.
Stop At: Lake Lucerne, Lucerne Switzerland
Conclude your tour with a picturesque 1-hour boat ride across lovely Lake Lucerne and enjoy the spectacular scenery from an entirely different angle.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
At the end of the cruise, your tour ends back in Lucerne.
The Golden Roundtrip (ascent by aerial cable car, descent by cogwheel train, return to Lucerne by boat) operates between early May and late October. Between late October and mid-November, the aerial cable car is under maintenance. In this case you will travel up and down Mt. Pilatus by cogwheel train. The boat on Lake Lucerne operates from early May until late October - if you are traveling when the boat is no longer in operation you will return to Lucerne by train and receive a complimentary lunch instead.
Departure Point :Frankenstrasse 2, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Early May 2021: Depending on snow conditions, the coghweel train may be replaced by the aerial cable car.
- From October 18-24 and November 13-14, the ascent will be made by cable car, the descent by cogwheel train and no boat ride but a lunch voucher included.
- From October 25 to November 12, the ascent and descent will be made by cogwheel train due to revision of the cable car and no boat ride but a lunch voucher will be included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Infants aged 0-5 years are free of charge but need to be registered on your booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Approved Health & Safety Concept COVID-19 under the "Clean & Safe" campaign supported by Switzerland Tourism. Face masks and disinfectant wipes will be provided free of charge.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.