Mount Popa’s Surroundings by Bike
It takes 777 steps to reach the Mt. Popa’s stupa for amazing views across Bagan. Added to this full day adventure tour are taking our bikes out for a spin along villages, seeing the other side of the temples. An amazing bike ride through the countryside!
• Cycle through rural Bagan towards Mount Popa
• Climb the 777 steps up to the peak of an extinct volcano
• Learn about the home of animist deities in detail
• See the Bagan plains from a slightly different side
• Lunch is included at a locally renowned restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Popa
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological Site entrance fees
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nattalin, Myanmar (Burma)
Your biking trip commences early in the morning from your accommodation in either Old or New Bagan. Distances from accommodation to our goal for the morning depend on the location of your hotel in Bagan (Old Bagan – between 3 to 3.5 hours’ cycling, New Bagan – between 3.5 to 4 hours). Farm life, rural settlements and more of what lies beyond the Bagan plains will pass by in a leisurely tempo as you move further away from Bagan to reach Natpalin Village, a decent 25 kilometres pedalling through an unspoilt part of the country.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
After a morning spent on the saddle, you will leave your bikes at a palm sugar plantation and head on towards Mount Popa by car. A well-balanced 50 kilometres between Bagan and Mount Popa fill the morning with great ease and blissful moments.
To reach the top of this extinct volcano, one has to climb 777 steps to the top for stunning views and find yourself surrounded by religious relics, still offering spiritual guidance for the faithful. The secluded location of Mount Popa, alongside the stories around this being the home Mahagiri Nats or animist spirit entities, are easily peaking as an alternative highlight on your Bagan bucket list.
The ‘Nats’ were of extreme importance for the country’s former kings, as they were seen as a source of knowledge and advice during their reigns. To reach the top and climb all the stairs, you have to take off your shoes and socks and be mindful of the slightly intrusive monkeys along the path upwards. Lunch at the Popa Mountain Resort is included.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Nattalin, Myanmar (Burma)
After lunch, it is back to Natpalin Village where we hop back on our bikes again for some slightly off-road cycling. New perspectives of the immense size of the Bagan plains with its hundreds of pagodas and temples will ensure that your afternoon ride will be a pleasant one. You will arrive back at your hotel at the end of the afternoon / early evening.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers booking this bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way.
- A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest. Large part of this excursion includes walking up stairs. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is not recommended for families with children under the age of 12 years old.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.