Mount Rigi and Lucerne Winter Photo Tour
Discover (from December to March) the frozen enchantment of Central Switzerland in a full day Photography Winter Tour combined in an unforgettable experience Mount Rigi ‘Queen of the Swiss Mountains’ and Lucerne, the most beautiful from all Swiss cities. Experience three different transportations modes with Europe’s first cogwheel train up the steep mountainside to the summit of Switzerland’s most magnificent natural landmark; an aerial cable car ride to soak up sweeping alpine vistas and an inspiring boat trip through the magnificent Lake Lucerne. Explore charismatic cities with dramatic mountain scenery and historical highlights. The perfect swiss scenic journey plenty of photography opportunities from the beginning to the end! This Invigorating day adventure includes photography support and tips along the whole tour.
We’ve thought of every detail to make this a perfect trip!
per adult from
What's included :
- Photography tips and support along the tour
- Private on-line gallery to download some images taken along the tour
- Walking trail “Rigi Classic” (if snow conditions permitted)
- Two hrs Lucerne walking tour visiting Chapel bridge and Lion Monument.
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Extra winter activities (Sledge hire CHF 25 of which CHF 10 is a deposit that is refunded)
- Travel insurance
- Winter day ticket kids (6-16 years) CHF 25.00, Adults round trip Lucerne-Rigi Kulm-Lucerne CHF 140 (boat trip in 1st class, cogwheel train, aerial cable car) per person.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mt. Rigi, Lucerne 6354 Switzerland
Experience three different transportations modes with Europe’s first cogwheel train up the steep mountainside to the summit of Switzerland’s most magnificent natural landmark; an aerial cable car ride to soak up sweeping alpine vistas and an inspiring boat trip through the magnificent Lake Lucerne. Explore charismatic cities with dramatic mountain scenery and historical highlights.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Torbogen Luzern, Bahnhofpl., 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important Information:
- Altitude: (1,800m / 6,000ft)
- Season: From December to March
- The half kilometer long run promises plenty of fun, especially for families. Bring your own waterproof winter boots!
- Rigi Kulm Rental Centre
- At Rigi Kulm, right next to the top station of the mountain railway, is the Rigi Kulm rental centre where you can hire items like sledges and snowshoes.
- The following equipment can be hired from the Rigi Kulm rental centre:
- Padded sledges
- Sledges with child seats
- Snowshoes & sticks
- Sledge hire CHF 25 (of which CHF 10 is a deposit that is refunded)
- Snowshoe hire CHF 40 (of which CHF 20 is a deposit that is refunded)
- Hired equipment must be returned in either Rigi Kulm, Rigi Staffel or Rigi Klösterli by 5 p.m. on the same day. Your deposit will not be refunded if the equipment is returned damaged.
- Good waterproof footwear, warm clothes, gloves and a hat are recommended. (Clothing cannot be hired locally)
- The rental centre is staffed every day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. when the ski lifts are operating.
- This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera – a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.
- Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.
- Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.