Mount Sinai Climb and St Catherine Tour from Sharm el Sheikh
Watch the sunrise from the top of Mount Sinai on a hiking trip from Sharm el Sheikh to one of Egypt’s highest mountains. You’ll climb the 7,497-foot (2,285-mt.) peak in the predawn darkness, see first light illuminate the mountaintop chapel and mosque, then descend to the 6th-century Monastery of St. Catherine, where Moses has seen the Burning Bush, as believed. With round-trip transport from Sharm el-sheik, this is a great way to experience Mount Sinai and St. Catherine even if you have limited time in Egypt.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- St. Catherine National Park fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Local guide during your climbing the mount
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transfer
- Transport by vehicle
- Entry/Admission - St. Catherine's Monastery
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sharm El Sheikh, Sharm El Sheikh, South Sinai, Red Sea and Sinai
This tour is a bus trip to the most famous mountain in Sinai where Moses received the Ten Commandments. You will be picked up from your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh in the late evening 8 pm, transferred for 3 hours to Moses Mountain.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mount Sinai, Saint Catherine 46512 Egypt
At 02.00 am you will then start the 3-hour climb of 2,285m up the mountain guided by one of our guides. You can climb by following a long path which leads to 700 steps. This takes you to the top of the mountain on time for the sunrise where you can enjoy a beautiful view. If you feel you can't climb the mountain you can get a camel ride that takes you to the 700 steps.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: St. Catherine's Monastery, At the Foot of Mount Horeb, Saint Catherine Egypt
After coming down from the mountain you will visit the Monastery of St. Catherine. Throughout the ages, the monastery has become one of the most famous monuments of Sinai. You will then go to a local restaurant in St Catherine City to have breakfast before driving back to Sharm El Sheikh where you will arrive around 13.30 - 14.30.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Details: Returns to original departure point.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.