Mount Toubkal Ascent In 2 Days From Marrakech
Mount Toubkal ascent 4167m the highest mountain in North Africa 2 days 1 night.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DAY1: MARRAKECH –TAHNOUET- ASNI- IMLIL 1740M-REFUGE TOUBKAL 3207M
Departure from Marrakech early morning 8am, towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahaouet (local market on Tuesdays), Valley Ghighaya, Moulay Brahim gorges, Asni (market on Saturdays) then between terraced fields of vegetables, fruit trees walnuts & cherries arrival to imlil 1740m meet the team guide, muleteer then start the trek between fields and surrounding villages of Imlil along the Ait Mizane valley, Taouerite, Targa Imola, Tagadirte, Armed 1900m then into the shrine of Sidi Chamharouch 2500m lunch next to the river, then continue to climb steadily to the Toubkal refuge 3206m through snaking and zigzagging along mule tracks. Overnight at the refuge. Approx. 5h30 walking.
DAY2: REFUGE 3207M – SUMMIT TOUBKAL – REFUGE TOUBKAL- IMLIL 1740M- MARRAKECH
An early start to catch sunrise from the summit of Toubkal passing by the river into the south cirque above the refuge and climb through an avalanche of rooks, it’s a challenging walk rather than a climb, then straightforward between giant rooks, where the altitude will make our steps very difficult in few parts before reaching the plateau from where you can enjoy the first lights on surrounding peaks above 4000m, a short walk to the summit with a panoramic views on each side of the mountain before finding ourselves on the top of north Africa after 3 hours walking, a beautiful view in every direction, North Marrakech plain and ll the northern valleys, lake villages, South Anti Atlas & Sahara, the time spend t the top will depend on the weather, 30 minute will be enough before descending same way to refuge it takes 2hours lunch/rest then 3 hours walking down to Imlil retracing our steps and heading back to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Lobby or reception of your hotel or the nearest car park to your hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.