Mount Warning Sunrise Climb Including Overnight Camping and BBQ Dinner
Take a self-guide hike to the summit of Mount Warning to bask in the first rays of light to shine over mainland Australia. This 5.6-mile (9km), 4-hour roundtrip hike takes you through subtropical, World Heritage-listed rainforest and rewards you at the highest point with 360 degree panoramic views out to the Pacific Ocean and Byron Bay Hinterland. You’ll spend the previous night camping in tents under the stars at the base of Mount Warning. Roundtrip transport from Byron Bay to the base camp and a delicious barbecue dinner are included.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All camping gear (tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, torches)
- Snacks for the walk
- Entry/Admission - Mount Warning
- Entry/Admission - Mount Warning Summit Trail
What's excluded :
- Guide on the Mount Warning sunrise climb
Day 1: Mount Warning base camp
Stop At: Mount Warning, New South Wales Australia
On the first day, enjoy the peaceful and uncrowded forest setting at your Mount Warning base camp. Take a splash in a rock pool or simply relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the Mount Warning National Park. Finish your day sitting around a campfire, toasting marshmallows and enjoying a delicious, locally sourced BBQ dinner before falling asleep under the stars in your tent.
The following day, climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sunrays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Camping under the stars in your tent.
Day 2: Mount Warning summit walk
Stop At: Mount Warning Summit Trail, Mount Warning, New South Wales 2484 Australia
After your breakfast climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sun rays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
Duration: 9 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Byron Visitor Centre, 80 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: The actual 9 km return Summit Walk is self guided.
- Children have to be able to walk by them self for at least 4hrs or have to be carried by their parents since this tour is not suitable for prams.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.