Mountain Bike Adventure: Otranto, the Cava di Bouxite and the Idro Valley
We will live a Mountain Bike adventure in the Otranto-Leuca Regional Natural Park. You will have the best MTB and equipment available for this type of outdoor activity. You will be guided by expert and specialized environmental and excursion guides. You will always be supported by our staff for any technical problem on your bikes. You will live in complete autonomy a guided MTB adventure modulated on your level and your abilities. We will explore a Natural Park full of equipped cycle-hiking trails
, completely immersed in a natural landscape of incomparable naturalistic value. You will cycle along panoramic rocky paths overlooking the sea, we will descend pleasant slopes until we touch the sea, we will have fun jumping on the red earth dunes in the suggestive Cava di Bauxite, we will cycle in history going back down the Idro Valley, we will travel the ancient stretch of the Via Francigena that will take us to Otranto where we will visit the ancient village.
per adult from
What's included :
- ►Bike / Biking Kit: Tour Bike, Mountain Bike (MTB), Walk Bike, E-Bike (Electric Bike), Bike Helmets, Drilling Kit, Bike Storage Bags, smartphone / device holder
- Specialized MTB Environmental Hiking Guide
- Digital Map of the Route to be Displayed on Devices
What's excluded :
We will explore Otranto pedaling along the cycle-paths of the Otranto-Leuca Coastal Nature Park, we will do MTBiking in the Idro Valley on the Bauxite Path, pedaling guided along the path by our Guides, immersed in a unique natural landscape, along cycle-paths equipped with different bottoms and dirt roads. We will do Biking along the coastal paths, we will pedal on the Path of the Serpe going up the hill, until we reach the legendary Torre del Serpe, we will go back downhill to the small deposit of Bauxite where we can have fun doing a bit of evolution on the red dunes of bauxite. We will cycle to the top of the cliff overlooking the sea above Grotta Palombara and we will reach Masseria delle Orte and we will descend along the Sentieri delle Orte on the rocky coast along the wonderful coastal path that runs through Baia delle Orte. We will explore the Cava di Bauxite on our MTB riding down the dunes until we discover the small lake that opens inside the suggestive crater. We will make some evolutions on the characteristic red earth dunes, to be catapulted into a unique and suggestive landscape, in this natural adventure park.
• Otranto, Otranto, Province of Lecce, Puglia
• Cava di Bauxite, Sito Naturalistico, Otranto Italy
Departure Point :Piazza Dell'umanita' Migrante, Via del Porto, 1, 73028 Otranto LE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.