Mountain Biking Lake Arenal Rugged Trail with River Crossing
Experience what's considered the best route to mountain bike in Costa Rica.
Start your unforgettable voyage in our NEW Pedal & Paddle Adventure Store in the small town of Foforos on Lake Arenal.
Get great views of the breathtaking Arenal Volcano as you pass rainforest, rural farmlands, and wildlife while biking along the largest Lake in Costa Rica, Lake Arenal.
Bike on a gravel road that stretches 24 km in total. An excellent opportunity to challenge your limits by crossing the Caño Negro River and different streams towards Rio Chiquito, you'll be surprised by the beautiful landscapes.
There will always be a support vehicle nearby giving you farther assistants throughout this amazing outdoor activity.
Make this dirt road mountain biking trail a perfect sport for people of all ages and all skill levels including athletic backgrounds. We accommodate our tour according to your ability and climate conditions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Tropical Fruits
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer
- Use of bicycle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
As you bike along the shores of Lake Arenal you will have great views to rural farmlands, rainforest, and have the opportunity to see wildlife including different kinds of monkeys, toucans, coati mundis and more!
Pass By: Arenal Volcano National Park, Arenal Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
Have an excellent view to our amazing Volcano countryside.
Departure Point :Desafio Adventure Company, 1 Kilometer South of the Redondel Río Fortuna - El Salto, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, 21010, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be ready at your hotel lobby. We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.