Mountain Folklore Hike with Buddhist Temple and Hiker Restaurant
Embark on a small group 6-hour hike up Seoul's most famous mountain with Korean folktales told by an English-speaking expert . Take a unique trail away from the crowds to a hidden temple. Discover the mountain heritage that forms much of Korea's personality, followed by a mountainside meal and well-deserved food and drinks. This is not just a simple empty run up and down the mountain. The tour includes the most breathtaking views, stories and legends of famed Buddhist monks, ghosts, goblins, shamanic traditions, and how Korea's mountains define who Korea is. Hikers return with a deeper understanding of Korea than most tourists receive.
per adult from
What's included :
- Unlimited drinks (open bar)
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The hike itself is generally 4-5 hours. It's medium-grade, and the guide can adjust the trail to various skill levels. There is one long steep ascent near the beginning, but no special equipment like ropes and harnesses are necessary.
• Meet the tour guide at 10 a.m. at Gupabal Subway Station, gate 1. Then board a brief bus ride to the trail head. Bus fare is included.
• Stretch with the guide before walking.
• The hike starts with a steep ascent, but no special equipment is necessary.
• Go up an afforested valley.
• Cross a path with spectacular views.
• Descend towards and visit Buddhist temples nestled in rugged mountain nooks.
• The guide relates stories of legends, history, and folklore related to Korea's age-old mountain heritage.
• Finish at a local restaurant catering to hikers with unique mountain food and drinks. Food and drinks are included in the price.
• Bukhansan National Park, 262, Bogungmun-ro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 02700 South Korea
Departure Point :530-19 Jingwan-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.