Mountain walks in the Beautiful Mountains of Mourne
You will be collected from your accommodation and commence your tour by being driven in a private Vehicle to the magical kingdom of Mourne. You will be guided on a walk in the Mourne Mountains, a wild country area, by a qualified Mountain Leader who will give you a tour of the mountains fauna, flora, history and folk lore. Your experience will be tailored to meet your expectations and whether that's to stand on top of Slieve Donard, the highest mountain in Northern Ireland or simply walk along a scenic path surrounded by jaw dropping scenery, your host will make this happen.
Following the walk, you will visit a megalithic tomb before being driven back at your accommodation, with a fantastic memory to take home with you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- The trip price is based on transport from Belfast to the Mournes and trips of a longer duration may incur an additional cost for fuel.
- Food is not supplied
- There should be no additional costs for entrance or ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Mourne Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Giant's Causeway
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mourne Mountains, Northern Ireland
You will be collected at your accommodation at around 8am, or at a time of your choosing. You will then be driven to the Mourne Mountains, an area of outstanding natural beauty in the county of Armagh. Your host is a qualified Mountain Leader with over four decades of experience and from the start of the trip, you will enjoy his craic and warmth which he will bring during the trip. The drive to the Mountains will take around 1hr 15mins. On our arrival we will gear up and walk into the mountains, shaped by ice from the last ice age 12,000yrs ago, forged by fire and gentled by the power of rain and man. The walk will be at your pace and during our ascent the host will point out the local fauna and flora along the way. You will be taken off the beaten track and feel like you are the only people on the hills. At the end of the day we will return to the car and time permitting we will visit an ancient burial site which is 5000years old. This impressive burial site is one of the best examples of a megalithic tomb anywhere in Ireland. You will then be dropped off back at your accommodation to complete the trip. The overall duration should be around 8-9hrs
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Giant's Causeway, Causeway Road, Bushmills BT57 8SU Northern Ireland
You will be picked up in Belfast from your accommodation and driven to Dunseverick castle where we will walk along a coastal path giving outstanding views of the the coastline. This is an area of outstanding natural beauty and the walk will end at the Giants Causeway an UNESCO World Heritage
Site. The host will explain the history of the area as well as explaining the geology, fauna and flora. He will also give you some folk lore which will bring a smile to you face.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your accommodation and dropped off back there after the walk
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years
- The tour runs based on a minimum of two guests and costs £160. This type of tour allows other guests to join the trip up until 24hrs before it commences
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The cost for a private tour based on a minimum of 2 persons is £240
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Due to the ongoing virus, for the time being, guests will be required to follow the tour car in their own vehicle to ensure their safety. To compensate for this inconvenience, the trip has been reduced by 20%. This is to ensure the safety of all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.