Mountain Wilderness Rockhounding & Slot Canyon Hike from Las Vegas
Hikers and rock hounding enthusiasts alike...this is the adventure for you! Hike through a spectacular technicolor wash to several historic mines in the Las Vegas area. Scour the known agate deposits in search of beautifully colored semi-precious stones. Discover fossils and other hidden treasures by poking among the exposed rocks and mine shaft entrances. Finally, venture through an unbelievable slot canyon that gives even Antelope a run for the money, but without the lengthy drive.
You probably only have a few days here in Las Vegas, so make them count! Take it from local educators who can inform you, point out the secrets and show you the absolute best things to see! This is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the area, make new friends and get those jaw-dropping photos for your social media page!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Lake Mead National Recreation Area
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, 10 Lakeshore Rd, NV 89005
Your day begins with an early morning pickup at your Las Vegas hotel. From there, we'll make the drive to our base and hike the remainder of the way into the wilderness on public land for our hiking activities. Door to door time is approximately 6 hours.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please expect a text from us the evening prior to your tour (usually by 7:30pm) at the phone number you provided during booking. This text will confirm your hotel and exact pickup time for the tour the following morning. If you fail to receive a text on your phone, please check your email for a message.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Long distance walking required (approximately 5 miles).
- Rocky terrain. Some minor scrambling required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.