Mountains, desert, beach - 3 nights, 4 days
Round trip in small group to the north of the
Oman. Be enchanted by mountain landscapes, sand dunes, wadis and beaches.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1 night at Sama Heights Resort (Bungalow)
- 1 night at Sama al Wasil Desert Camp (standard tented room)
- 1 night at Turtle Beach Resort (Hamoor room)
- Breakfast in the hotel on days 2,3 & 4
- Dinner at the hotel on days 1, 2 & 3
- 4-day round trip with a German-speaking guide in an air-conditioned four-wheel drive
- Drinking water during the tour
- Entrance fees for all attractions mentioned in the program
What's excluded :
- Entry visa Oman
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees for attractions not mentioned in the program
- Tips for tour guides, drivers and hotel staff
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- 1 day: ARRIVAL - MUSKAT CITY TOUR - JEBEL SHAMS
Your guide will be waiting for you at Muscat International Airport and show you the highlights of the capital of Oman, Muscat. The Sultan Qaboos Mosque, the 5th largest mosque in the world (please note the dress code) is the first stop. Continue past the embassy district with a stop at the beautiful opera house. At Al Alam Palace, next to the sixteenth-century Mirani and Jalali fortresses, there's another photo stop before you visit the Bait Al Baranda Museum and drive along the harbor promenade to visit one of the country's largest souks (markets) visit.
Leave the capital in the afternoon for Al Hamra, an old village located inland. The city center consists of old mud houses and is embedded in date palms, which invite you for a walk. From there you continue on the Jebel Shams. Enjoy the view of the Grand Canyon of Oman and check in at your hotel not far away.
Overnight at Sama Heights Resort. HP.
2 DAY: NIZWA - BIRKAT AL MAUZ - WAHIBA
In the morning, explore the ancient capital of the country: Nizwa. Stroll through the souq and learn about the history of the city. After a short drive you will reach Birkat al Mauz, an ancient village that houses one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the historic irrigation system (called the Falaj system), which supplies the fields and homes with fresh water. From here you drive into the majestic desert Sharqiyah Sands. Meet a Bedouin family in their home and enjoy a traditional Omani coffee with dates from the region before enjoying the sunset on the dunes and checking in to the camp.
Overnight at Sama al Wasil Camp. HP.
3 DAY: WADI BANI KHALID - SUR
Leave the desert to explore the beautiful Wadi Bani Khalid, which invites you for a swim or a walk. From here you continue to Sur. It used to be one of the most important trading centers of the Indian Ocean, but nowadays it is quieter but still a beautiful city. Here you will visit a traditional Dhow factory and an open-air museum that shows the different types of these valuable boats. In the evening you can observe the tortoises while laying their eggs (sighting can not be guaranteed).
Overnight at Turtle Beach Resort. HP.
4DAY: SUR - WADI TIWI / WADI SHAB - DEPARTURE
After leaving Sur, drive back along the coast to Muskat. Take the chance to wander through the Wadi Shab or explore the evergreen Wadi Tiwi by car. Stop at the Bimah Sinkhole before your guide leaves you at Muscat International Airport and you head home.
Departure Point :Muscat International Airport
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note:
- There are currently no bookings made, confirmation of the booking is subject to availability at the time of the request
- Program changes reserved
- Prices are not valid during Christmas, New Year, Easter and local holidays.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.