Mt. Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
This is a private helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp giving you grand aerial views of Mt Everest and taking you to the foot of the world’s highest peak as well. The Everest Base Camp offers a spectacular view of the popular Khumbu Glacier, the starting-point of summit expeditions to Mt. Everest. The price for the tour will go down the more people you are - please see the Group Discount link for further detail.
A trek to Everest Base Camp takes about 13 days, however, this helicopter tour cuts off all these days and you can get to the base camp and be back in Kathmandu in just one day. En-route, your professional pilot narrates all the Himalayan mountain drama as it unfolds as you fly past close to close with some of the tallest mountain series in the world. After attending the base camp, fly back and stop at the Everest View Hotel at Shyangboche for a breakfast then eventually fly back to Kathmandu, and transfer to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Heli-tour to Everest Base Camp
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- Hotel pick-up and drop.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Entry/Admission - Kala Pattar
- Entry/Admission - Everest View Point
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses (phone calls, meals etc.)
- National Park Permit (US$ 30 Per person in cash) need to pay locally at the time of the tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kala Pattar, 44600 Nepal
Early in the morning (at around 6.30am), we shall pick you up from your hotel then transfer to the domestic section of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. After compeleting, the airport formalities, we shall then drive to the helipad and fly to Lukla (the first stop) for re-fueling. The real adventure starts after Lukla flying towards the Everest region crossing over Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche (the Everest Base Camp trail) and witnessing world's highest mountains series like Amadablam, Thamserku, Cho-oyu then finally towards the Mt. Everest. The helicopter will fly over the Everest Base Camp and the Khumbu Glacier (from where Mt. Everest expeditions starts) then landing at Kalapather (5545 meters), the popular Himalayan view-point, from where Mt. Everest is clearly visible with much closer proximity. You will have about 10-15 minutes for photographic opportunities at Kalapather as helicopter can't stay much longer at such high altitude. Afterwards, fly to Syangboche at the Hotel Everest View (3380 meters)- hotel at the world's highest point, have a breakfast with great mountain panorama including Mt. Everest in the background. Finally fly back to Kathmandu and drop-off at your hotel.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Everest View Point, Kyangjuma, Sagarmatha National Park Nepal
View from Hotel Everest View
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Main Street, Namche Bazaar 56002 Nepal
Fly over Namche Bazaar
Pass By: Tengboche Gompa, Sagarmatha, Tengboche 56002 Nepal
Fly over Tengboche
Pass By: Mount Everest, Sagarmatha National Park 00977 Nepal
Fly to Base camp of Mt. Everest.
Pass By: Syangboche Airport, Khumjung VDC, Solu Khumbu, 56000,Eastern Region, खुम्जुंग 56000, Nepal
Fly over Syangboche airport.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from inside the Kathmandu City
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is suitable for all ages
- Departure everyday
- Dress code: Warm clothing
- If flight got canceled due to weather, we will try the next morning
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.