Mt. Hengil- Geothermal visit to an active volcano area with bubbling mud pools
This flight offers a magnificent sight of the very active geothermal area at Mt. Hengil volcanoe. Very picturesque and colorful area where bubbling mud pools can be seen (and smelled) up front and personal.
Keep in mind this is not a common public tourist place, there are no structures around to keep curious visitors in safe distance from the powerful and delicate area so tread carefully and listen to your pilots directions.
Total duration is about 50-60 minutes or about 25-35 min guided helicopter flight and a 20 min landing.
We can fit up to 6 passengers on our helicopter and in order for this tour to be flown, we need a minimum of 4 passengers.
*If you are a solo traveler, let us know to see if we can find a convenient option for you to share rides with other groups.
per adult from
50 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - At the perfect moment our pilots tend to pull out the bubbly to make a toast to life.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
We fly over Reykjavik on our to Hengil Volcano, an active geothermal area
Stop At: Hengill, Hengill, South Region
We approach this geothermal area with care as it is very active and holds great power beneath. Listen carefully to your pilots instructions as you walk around the hissing steam pots and bubbling mud pools. This is the place to enjoy the view and all the amazing colors.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Heli Austria Iceland, Nautholsvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Keep in mind this tour is extremely weather dependent as we fly into mountain area and during winter time when we have shorter days and unpredictable weather we sometimes need to alter the route and even change departure dates and times with short notice. We monitor the weather quite frequently and our aim is to maximize our guests experience so know we are doing our very best.
- Minimum passengers in order to be flown are 4 passengers. Contact our sales dept. if you are a solo traveler looking for a tour to share with others.
- Most travelers can participate
- We recommend booking this tour early in your travels just in case weather restrictions apply on your desired date and rescheduling is needed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.