Mt Pilatus Experience Self-Guided Tour
Visiting Lucerne’s landmark mountain, Mt. Pilatus, is a must-do when you're in the Lake Lucerne region. Start at the valley station in Kriens, and enjoy a 30-minute gondola ride over a pre-Alpine landscape to reach Fräkmüntegg, where you'll transfer to the aerial cableway known as the 'Dragon Ride.' After another five minutes, arrive at 7,000 feet above sea level (2,132 meters). Soak up the panoramic views over the lake and Alps, and then take the world’s steepest cogwheel railway down through rock faces, mountain streams, and lush meadows to reach Alpnachstad (from beginning or middle May till 8th November 2020, otherwise the panoramic cable car is operating).
This is a no guided tour and it's why that there is no meeting point.
per adult from
3 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Cable car ride (except during maintenance)
- Cogwheel train ride (from mid May to November 8th)
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Pilatus Luzern
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include a CHF 5 parking fee (per day)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit: Pilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Take the panoramic cable car from Kriens, closed to Lucerne (bus no. 1 from Lucerne station, bus stop Zentrum Pilatus in Kriens, then a 10 minutes walk to the cable car station) and in 30 minutes you will reach the station Fräkmüntegg where you will find lots of attractions for the families like the biggist rope park in Central Switzerland, Dragon Glider, Top Tree Path and Restaurants. You will also change into the big cable car Dragon Ride there and in 3 minutes you will reach the top of Pilatus, the Dragon Mountain, where you can enjoy the panoramic views over the Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps, taste some local meal in one of the Restaurants or do a unforgettable hiking tour. Going back you can take the steepest cogwheel railway in the world to the village of Alpnachstad, located directly at the lake (you need 30 minutes for the ascent and 40 minutes for the descent) and enjoy this ride with the unique cogwheel railway. Please note the operation time.
Departure Point :Pilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Departure Time :6/8/2020 - 11/30/2020
6/8/2021 - 11/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't miss the last transportation down to the valley.
- Operates in almost all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Cableways are not in operation in the case of storms
- Only printed vouchers will be accepted
- Please note: You can start the tour from Kriens or Alpnachstad
- The gondolas are closed for maintenance from 2 to 6 November 2020; access from Alpnachstad only.
- The cogwheel train is closed from 9 November to mid-May; access from Kriens only
- It is not possible to book a specific time slot
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.