Mt. St. Helens National Monument from Seattle: All-Inclusive Small-Group Tour
Explore Mt. St. Helens on a day tour tailored to you. Our local, TripAdvisor 'Hall of Fame' guides have been 'Certified Excellent' every year since 2010!
Walk along the blast-swept Eruption Trail with panoramic views of the devastation and the mountain’s crater. The recovering landscape teems with purple lupine – you may even glimpse a herd of Roosevelt elk! You’ll also have time to explore the Johnston Ridge Visitor Center.
We’ll offer stops at some of our other favorite highlights like Coldwater Lake or the Hummocks Trail. This isn’t just another driving tour of a beautiful landscape - we prefer to keep travelers outside the vehicle for walks to experience our places firsthand.
Our all-inclusive small-group day trip is limited to just 10 travelers. Sleep in a little - we'll bring coffee, bakery, fruit, and tea. We'll bring a local, organic, family-style lunch and eat outside when it's nice! We’ll bring snacks, water, and sparkling water for the day. Don’t worry about a thing!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All-inclusive, full-day tour of Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument.
- TripAdvisor "Hall of Fame" professional naturalist guide. We guarantee you'll love your trip leader!
- Lovely guided hikes and treks tailored to your group's tastes. Spend lots of time outside.
- Morning Snack: Local coffee, tea with pastries and fruit.
- Lunch: Local, organic, beautiful lunch! We'll find a quiet spot outside for a picnic and big views.
- Snacks: Lots of snacks, sparkling water, and water provided.
- Transportation in a new Ford Transit van
- Additional warm clothing available upon request.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your downtown Seattle hotel, Airbnb, or rental.
- Pick-ups near SeaTac Airport or Tacoma upon request.
- Mt. St. Helens National Monument entrance fees.
- Coffee and/or Tea - We'll press local coffee and brew tea in the morning!
- Entry/Admission - Mount St. Helens Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Mount St. Helens
- Entry/Admission - Coldwater Lake
- Entry/Admission - Johnston Ridge Observatory
- Entry/Admission - Eruption Trail
- Entry/Admission - Hummocks Trail
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount St. Helens Visitor Center, Hwy. 504, milepost 5, Castle Rock, WA 98611
Interpretive information and restroom break at a scenic visitor's center above Silver Lake.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount St. Helens, WA 98649
One of the most remarkable landscapes in the Pacific Northwest - explore the flanks of Mount Saint Helens as she recovers from her massive 1980 eruption.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Coldwater Lake, Amboy, WA
Nature walk along the boardwalk to Coldwater Lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Johnston Ridge Observatory, 21500 Spirit Lake Highway, Toutle, WA 98649
A lovely observatory with big views of Mt. St. Helens. Home to interpretive displays, a theater, and the beginning of trails around Mt. St. Helens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Eruption Trail, From the 5 Freeway, take the 504, 52 miles east of Castle Rock to the Johnston Ridge Observatory. Mount St. Helens, WA
Walk into the blast zone of the famous 1980 eruption with glorious views. Explore the recovering ecosystems of Mt. St. Helens!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hummocks Trail, From I-5 take the 504 east and continue until milepost 45 Mount St. Helens, Castle Rock, WA
Hummocks are bits of Mt. St. Helens (very large pieces of the mountain that were moved miles during her eruption). Wander along the Toutle River through their resting place far from the mountain.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you're staying in downtown Seattle (hotel, AirBNB, rental, etc) we'll pick you up! If you're unsure whether your hotel or rental is part of the downtown corridor, give us a call and we can confirm whether your hotel is included! We'll call/text/email you the day prior to the trip to arrange a specific time at your accommodations. We can also arrange pickups near SeaTac or Tacoma upon request.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have dietary restrictions, please notify us 48 hours before tour departure
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Masks are worn at all times in the vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.