MTB - El Chorro - 44km - Moderate Level
This is a classic cross-country ride through isolated hillside landscapes to Andalucia’s "lake district" and finally to the famous El Chorro gorge. If you enjoy being out in the wilds and covering some cross country miles with amazing vistas throughout, then this ride is for you.
A 20 min drive from Ronda takes us up to a high point where we begin our ride. We use a mixture of tracks and eventually quiet roads, cycling through pine forest and out into open countryside, with mountain ranges all around. We enjoy a fun, long descent to the town of Ardales before heading into strange, rocky landscapes around a network of lakes and dams. We then head to a Mirador overlooking the lakes.
We finish near the dramatic gorge of El Chorro, a narrow river channel which cuts between two 150m tall limestone cliffs, with views of the recently restored Caminito del Rey walkway, perched high up on the inside of the cliff.
per adult from
What's included :
- British Cycling qualified Guide
- Quality Mountain Bike
- Water Bottle
What's excluded :
Ride to Andalucia's "Lake district".
A scenic route through pine-forested hills and on to the mountains and blue lakes of El Chorro. Striking vistas throughout this ride which requires good fitness but very little technical mtb ability.
• El Chorro, El Chorro, Province of Malaga, Andalucia
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.