Mtskheta - Jvari - Samtavro, the cradle of Georgian Christianity. (group tours)
Mtskheta is the religious center of Georgia and the ancient capital of our country. A holy place for every Georgian. Often locals call this city the second or Georgian Jerusalem, and for good reason. There is a huge number of relics of the entire Christian world, and if you want to understand the soul of the Georgian people, you should definitely visit this city, because Georgians are considered one of the most religious
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Jvari Church
- Entry/Admission - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Samtavro's Convent
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Our walk begins A. Pushkin, M. Lermontov, P. Tchaikovsky, A. Dumas-father, L. Tolstoy and many others. Turning off the path, you will pass through the places where the events described by Lermontov in the famous poem “Mtsyri” developed, and go up to the Jvari temple of the VI century - from here you will see an enchanting view of Mtskheta: “... where the merging noise, hugging, as if two sisters , the jets of Aragva and the Kura ... "
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Narekvavi-Mtskheta-Railway Station, Mtskheta, Georgia
Temples of Mtskheta You will visit Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (Pillar of Life-Giving) - the patriarchal cathedral of the Georgian Orthodox Church. Get acquainted with its history and significant events of the past. Here is the burial place of the shrines of Christianity - the tunic of Jesus Christ and the mantle of Elijah the Prophet, as well as the relics of St. Andrew the First-Called.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Samtavro's Convent, Mtskheta, Georgia
Then stroll to the Samtavro temple, where the grave of the first Georgian Christian king Mirian and his wife, Queen Nana, is located, as well as the relics of the holy elder Gabriel Samtavrii. You will also see a blackberry bush, under which she lived and preached. Nina. The “Blackberry”, repeatedly cut down by barbarians and arising again and again, is considered miraculous.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :3 Vakhtang Gorgasali St, T'bilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- It is necessary for the burner to have a primer and a disinfectant solution.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.