Mtskheta - The First Capital Of Georgia Private Tour
Visit Mtskheta the ancient capital of Georgia. Tour to Mtskheta includes Jvari Church, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Samtavro Church, Shio-Mgvime Monastery. Tour takes 4 hours, in this time you will see the most important historical and cultural sites.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Wi-Fi on board
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tbilisi, Tbilisi
Stop At: Mtskheta Church of the Holy Cross, Mtskheta Georgia
The journey will start in Mtskheta Cross Monastery - Jvari - The monastery is located on a hill near Mtskheta, that opens up a breathtaking view of the ancient city and its natural beauty.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
After marvelling Jvari you’ll continue your road and visit - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century). Location was chosen precisely because of the legend that says that the robe of Jesus is buried in the place where the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral was built and it is considered one of the holiest places in Georgia.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Antioquia Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Oldest Basilica V-VI cc
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Samtavro Church, Davit Aghmashenebelis qucha, Mtskheta 383400 Georgia
From Svetitskhoveli we’ll follow the road to nearby monastery complex Samtavro – Saint Nino, who converted Georgia to Christianity in the 4th century, has chosen this place as her prayer site. It is also a burial place of the Georgian Royal family.
Stop At: Shio-Mgvime Monastery, Mtskheta Georgia
Also, we are visiting The Shio-Mgvime Monastery is located in a beautiful forest place on the left bank of the river Kura in Georgia. The road follows a narrow limestone canyon from the main square in the town Mtskheta. The medieval monastery consists of several buildings from different periods: The oldest one is the Monastery of St. John the Baptist (dated 560-580) - the simple cruciform building with octagonal dome.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The City-Museum Reserve of Mtskheta, Mtskheta Georgia
At the end of the trip, we will have lunch in a beautiful place, on the river bank of Kura near Armazi village.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
On the eve of the trip, we will contact you and inform the guide's phone number and car number.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.