Mudumalai wildlife heaven from Bangalore
Mudumalai is an ideal home to several endangered and vulnerable species nestling Indian elephant, Bengal Tiger, Gaur and Indian Leopard. There is a high diversity of animal life in the sanctuary with about 50 species of fishes, 21 species of amphibians, 34 species of reptiles, 227 species of birds and 55 species of mammals. Mammal diversity is higher in the dry deciduous and dry thorn forests than in the other habitats. Thirteen percent of all mammal species in India are present in Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary. There are at least 266 species of birds in the sanctuary, including critically endangered Indian White-rumped Vulture and long-billed vulture.
Around 8 % of the bird species in India can be found in Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary. Among the counts of 227 bird species in the area, 110 species are insectivores, 62 are carnivores, 23 species are fishivores, 12 species are omnivores and 20 species are grainivores.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Mudumalai National Park
- Entry/Admission - Bangalore Palace
What's excluded :
- Major meals, local guide fees
Day 1: Pickup from centrally located bangalore hotels
Pass By: Bangalore Palace, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru 560052 India
Pickup from centrally located bangalore hotels
Stop At: Mudumalai National Park, Theppakkadu, Ooty (Udhagamandalam) India
After pickup from bangalore hotels get driven to mudumalai wildlife sanctuary. Arrive and check in your hotel. The Mudumalai Sanctuary is an important wildlife habitat due to its strategic position as a Wildlife corridor between several other protected areas making an essential part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Its north is being crusted with Bandipur National Park and Nagarhole National Park and at its west is the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary along the south corner is flourished with Mukurthi National Park and Silent Valley National Park. These parks, sanctuaries and the adjoining Reserve forests cover over 3,300 sq kms of forest supporting a population of 1800–2300 elephants.
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in a budget category hotels.
Day 2: Safari in mudumalai and travel back to Bangalore
Stop At: Bangalore Palace, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru 560052 India
Early morning safari in the wildlife park. Later get driven back to the bangalore location.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Central location bangalore hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.