Mumbai's historical architecture: An audio walk of the city's greatest buildings
On this self guided audio tour we will tell the story of Mumbai over the last 2 centuries through its remarkable collection of Victorian and Art Deco buildings, which are now a UNESCO world heritage site. The Victorian Gothic & Art Deco story of Mumbai began in the late 19th century with the emergence of Mumbai as a global trading city. This led to spurt in the construction of magnificent buildings. Along the way, we'll take in some of Mumbai's history, culture and cricket. The highlight of this tour will be a visit to the Oval Maidan which is unique in the world in architectural terms. It is the only place in the world where 2 styles of two different centuries are in such proximity. Victorian Gothic and Art Deco architecture face each other across the Oval Maidan! Come take a walk with me to discover the stories behind some of Mumbai's most beloved and fascinating buildings.
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, DN Road Mumbai CST Area, Mumbai 400001 India
The tour starts at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
Pass By: ENT Hospital, 5, Maharshi Dadhichi Marg, Azad Maidan, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
The tour passes by the ENT Hospital.
Pass By: Hutatma Chowk, Mahatma Gandhi Road Kala Ghoda, Mumbai 400001 India
The tour stops briefly at Hutatma Chowk.
Pass By: Flora Fountain, MG Rd at Veer Nariman Rd, Mumbai India
The tour passes by Flora Fountain.
Pass By: Eros Cinema, Maharshi Karve Road 2, Cambata Building, North Wing, Mumbai India
The tour passes by the Eros Cinema.
Pass By: Oval Maidan, 140, महर्षी कर्वे, रोड, Mantralaya, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400032, India
The tour passes along the Oval Maidan.
Pass By: Bombay High Court, Fort Dr Kane Rd High Court Building, Mumbai 400032 India
The tour stops briefly outside the High Court.
Pass By: Rajabai Clock Tower, Bombay University, Mumbai 400001 India
The tour passes by Rajabai Clock Tower.
Pass By: David Sassoon Library and Reading Room, 152 David Sassoon Library Marg Library Marg, Fort, Mumbai 400001 India
The tour passes by the David Sassoon Library and Reading Room.
Pass By: Kala Ghoda Statue, 29/143, K Dubash Marg, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
The tour passes by the Kala Ghoda statue.
Pass By: Elphinstone College, 156 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Mumbai 400001 India
The tour passes by Elphinstone College.
Pass By: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, 159-161, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Lion Gate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023, India
The tour ends at the Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum.
Departure Point :Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/15/2020 - 7/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, 159-161, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Lion Gate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.