Munich Macabre Group Walking Tour
A unique hands-on historical and archaeological tour in English, researched and created by British archaeologist David "Taff" Simon.
There is more to Munich than beer, pretzels and lederhosen. Beneath the veneer of a modern European city is another Munich, remote – and yet still here, within touching distance, if you know where to find it….
This is not a ghost tour – all the events – every single bone-crunching last one of them – actually happened.
Dare you join Hans von Spanker and The Wench to discover the awful truth about:
The Black Death and other nasties
Medieval architecture and defences
Infamous witch trials
Traditions and folklore
Ancient burial rites
Why was beer so important? Try an authentic medieval brew!
Get to handle original artefacts as well as armour and (blunt) weapons
And much more besides….
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Get to sample an authentic Medieval beer(s)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marienplatz 1, 80331 Munich, Bavaria Germany
Marienplatz: the ancient market square of Munich. Meet your guides and kick off the tour with some Medieval beer tasting
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Church, Rindermarkt 1 Petersplatz, 80331 Munich, Bavaria Germany
St Peter's: the oldest church in Munich - so it must have the oldest graveyard, right? Discover ancient burial rites, where "Rest in peace" more often than not meant "Rest in pieces"...
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Victuals Market, Viktualienmarkt 3, 80331 München, Germany
Today this is a lovely framers market: buy some pretzels and cheese and throw back a few cold ones in the popular beer garden. In the medieval times though you would be very unfortunate to find yourself here... an outcast no less. Find out why
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Marienplatz, München, Germany
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Some uneven surfaces - suitable footwear is a must
- Not recommended for travellers with an over vivid imagination
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.