Murano & Burano Islands Half Day Guided Tour by Private Boat
Cruise the Venetian Lagoon by private water taxi and meet the artisans keeping Venice’s traditional crafts alive. You’ll see demonstrations of traditional glassblowing on the island of Murano, and traditional lacemaking on Burano. The tour includes discounts on souvenirs from both demonstration workshops. Both islands have plenty to see, and you’ll have ample time to explore.
per adult from
What's included :
- Group of 20 max
- Transport by a private boat
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Isola di Murano
- Entry/Admission - Isola di Burano
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Isola di Murano, Isola Di Murano Piazzale Roma o Fondamenta Nuove, 30141 Murano Italy
The enchanting islands of Murano and Burano are the perfect change of pace from Venice’s crowded streets and waterways. And the perfect way to reach them is by private water taxi. Faster and sturdier than a gondola, nimbler and less crowded than a waterbus, water taxis are the premier way to travel in Venice. Few visitors get to experience them, but yours is included, along with an expert local guide who’ll explain Venice’s history as a titan of trade along the way.
Your first port of call is a specially chosen glassblowing workshop on Murano. In the Middle Ages, only Murano’s artisans possessed the secrets of this craft, and sharing them was punishable by execution. You’ll get to witness modern glassblowers wield those once secret techniques, shaping delicate and dazzling works of art from molten glass. Then admire the workshop’s finest work in its gallery, and perhaps take home a piece of your own – with a tour discount. Or explore more of Murano, including its peaceful canals and stunning Byzantine church.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Isola di Burano, Unnamed Road,30142, 30142 Venezia VE, Italy
The locals of nearby Burano still maintain the island’s tradition of handmade lace, some of the finest anywhere in the world. You’ll get to observe lace being hand-stitched the way it has been for generations. Then visit the lace museum to see the island’s greatest work, or simply enjoy the photo opportunity provided by the colorful houses, brightly painted so sailors could see home as they returned from the sea. When you cross the lagoon back to Venice, you’ll have a renewed appreciation of the crafts that put the city on the map so long ago.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Riva degli Schiavoni, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Hotel Gabrielli, Riva degli Schiavoni, 4110, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.