Murder and Mystery Walking Tour of Edinburgh
This is Edinburgh's original ghost tour. We've been wandering the streets of Old Town Edinburgh since 1984.
The tour takes a look at the Scottish capital's dark side, including tales of witchcraft, plague and torture on this Murder and Mystery Walking Tour.
Visit the scenes of many horrific tortures, murders and supernatural happenings as you walk along eerie alleyways and creepy courtyards of the Old Town. Your ghostly guide will blend history with humour and facts with fables, while our creation - the "jumper-ooter" provides guaranteed ghastly appearances.
Our tours operate outdoors through rain, snow, lightning and even sunshine, so please dress appropriately and comfortable footwear is recommended.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Copy of the Witchery Tales Book, by Adam Lyal
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cadies & Witchery Tours, (Victoria Street 84 West Bow (Victoria Street), Edinburgh EH1 2HH Scotland
Number 84 West Bow, down near the bottom of the not-so-sunny side of picturesque Victoria Street in Edinburgh's Old Town, is an unassuming address amongst the majesty of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In the shop today, you can find a cornucopia (we don't use the word lightly; we looked it up and everything) of ghoulish and fantastical stationery, drinkware, ornaments, soft furnishings, original artwork and art prints, greeting cards, chess sets, and unique oddities hard to even describe.
In 2015 we also became (possibly) Scotland's smallest museum, when the shop became host to a calling-card case made from the skin of the notorious 19th-century "body-snatcher" (actually murderer), William Burke. We can't sell you that (mainly because even the experts on Antiques Roadshow couldn't give us a valuation of it) but we have produced a rather spiffing souvenir newspaper taken from our own vaults and covering Burke & Hare's trial in some detail.
Departure Point :The Witchery by the Castle, 352 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NF, UK
Return Detail :Parliament Square, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Further to the Scottish & UK Governments announcements on 14th September 2020 we reviewed the Murder & Mystery Tour route but due to health & safety concerns over physical distancing, we have decided to suspend it for the time being. Availability for Spring & Summer 2021 has yet to be decided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.