Muscat Shore Excursion: Private Nizwa Day Trip
Leave the Port of Muscat with a private guide and spend a day discovering enchanting Omani fortresses around the historical town of Nizwa. Pass through the Hajar Mountains, and explore Nizwa, seeing the 17th-century Nizwa Fort as well as Nizwa Souk. The afternoon is spent in the nearby town of Jabrin for a visit to Jabrin Castle. You'll explore its beautifully preserved vaults and hidden rooms before returning to port.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pick-up and drop off
- Private guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- When your cruise ship docks at the Port of Muscat, meet your private guide and travel southwest to Nizwa. Sit back and relax on your journey, admiring the scenery of the towering Hajar Mountains overlooking the lush oases of Fanjah and Birkat Al Mauz.
After just less than two hours on the road, arrive in Nizwa and hop off your vehicle to explore the historical town. See Nizwa Fort, a 17th-century fort built for Sultan bin Saif al-Yaruba, an early leader from the Ya’aruba dynasty. Admire its 131-foot (40-meter) tower that dominates the town center, and gaze out at the palm oasis that stretches out around it.
Visit Nizwa Souk to marvel at the antiques and Bedouin silverware on offer. Enjoy a break to explore the center at leisure and have lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at the pre-arranged time to continue your tour.
Leave Nizwa and travel west to the nearby town of Jabrin, passing a series of old battlements at Tanuf and Bahla. Jabrin’s pièce de résistance is Jabrin Castle, one of the best preserved fortresses in Oman. Explore with your guide, admire the elaborately painted ceilings and see if you can find any of the famously hidden rooms of the fortress.
Return to your vehicle and travel back to Muscat, finishing your tour at the start point.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Muscat for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Port of Muscat
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but light jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings
- Oman has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages
- Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings or military installations are not allowed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.