During this guided tour you might find one of Finland's most delicious and prized edible mushrooms, the chanterelle. This day trip starts from Helsinki and we will take you to Liesjärvi national park. From the end of summer until late autumn, Liesjärvi National Park is a foragers paradise. Our guide will take you to the best mushroom hunting spots in the national park, hunting for mushrooms as a peaceful and unique pastime.
However, as the name suggests, it is a hunt! We cannot always find what we are looking for, and although most of the mushrooms are harmless, there are many poisonous ones too. But not to worry, for your guide will accurately advise and direct you to edible mushrooms and will always be available to explain about the ones you have found.
• Fresh flavourful mushrooms handpicked by you
• Learn about wild edible foods from the forest
• Look and taste foraged food
• Finnish-style lunch and coffee by the campfire
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch - Finnish-style lunch over the campfire
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As a sustainable company we don't provide plastic bottles and we highly recommend you to take a reusable water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Liesjarven Kansallispuisto, Korteniementie, Liesjarvi 31380 Finland
Once we have arrived at Liesjärvi National Park, our group will begin their hike through the forest to some of our favourite mushroom picking spots. Your guide will tell you what mushrooms can be picked and eaten. You will be hunting the mushrooms in pairs, and each pair is provided with a mushroom basket, knife, and a small handbook. Since the groups are small, your guide will always be able to provide you with personal answers and attend to your needs.
When our group has gathered enough mushrooms, we will make our way to the campfire by the lakeside. While your guide starts the fire and prepares a traditional Finnish-style lunch with campfire coffee, there will be plenty of time to take photos, enjoy conversation with one another, and experience the tranquillity of the Taiga forest.
As mentioned earlier, the group may have the chance to cook and taste any mushrooms that have been picked. After lunch, the group will continue to explore the natural beauty of Liesjärvi and we will make our way back to the starting point. We will drop you off in central Helsinki feeling rejuvenated from this wonderful adventure.
On this day trip, we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation, the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.