Music of New Orleans: Listen and Learn
Everything from Armstrong to Zydeco! Come listen and walk (or maybe dance if you are so inclined) your way through one of the oldest and most musical neighborhoods of New Orleans. Learn why they say, “All Music (at least American Music) is born in New Orleans! As you walk from location to location LISTEN as your tour guide plays you some of the best and most historically important music in the history of our great city. Once you get to a location LEARN about what you just heard as your tour guide places it and its performers into the greater musical and historical context. This tour is for music lovers of all ages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Buy One Get One Free Hurricane Drinks for Adults in Souvenir Cup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter Phantoms, 718 N Rampart St Corner of Orleans Street and Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3009
Learn about the great musical legends of New Orleans then and now: from Jelly Roll Morton, to Mahalia Jackson, to Fats Domino, to Trombone Shorty, and the Marsalis family. Gain a greater understanding of the different musical genres that make this city and nation great: from the music of slavery, to traditional jazz, to the industrial rock of the 1990’s!
If that isn’t enough enjoy your walk through one of, if not the oldest, African American neighborhoods in the United States - the Treme, made famous after Katrina by the television series of the same name. You will learn some of the history of this incredible neighborhood and the role it has played in New Orleans for almost 300 years. As one of the most beautiful, historic, and important neighborhoods in the history of the United States, Treme is the birthplace of many famous musicians and a great center of culture and life in our city, so this is almost like getting two tours in one!
Departure Point :Voodoo Lounge, 718 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved - One mile taken in an hour and forty five minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.