Must Do-Accompong Town Maroon Village Tour & Celebration from Negril
Come! Celebrate with us at the Accompong Maroon Cultural Festival! This free village of Accompong, located in the Cockpit Mountains is home to descendants of the Koromanti and Ashanti people out of Ghana, West Africa who were taken to Jamaica during the Atlantic Slave Trade to work on the plantations. The Maroons were escaped slaves who ran away from the plantations, took to the mountains and form groups of warriors. They were very rebellious.
On January 6 each year, the Accompong Maroons celebrate the anniversary of the signing of the 1739 peace treaty with the British. Held in Accompong, St. Elizabeth, this festival marks the victory of the Maroons in the first war against the British in which they fought for over 51 years for their freedom, led by their late warrior leader Cudjoe. Come and enjoy the rituals, food, gumbeh drumming, Maroon tribal songs & dance and browse through the museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/coach
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: SNL Jamaican Tours, Whitesands Beach P.O, Montego Bay Jamaica
Set off in one of our cool air-conditioned van/bus, we set off towards the south of the Island so relax and enjoy the lush, green mountains and valleys for the next 1 hour 50 minutes while we make our way to Accompong Town Maroon Village. Our tour guides are very knowledgeable, informative, professional, and are ready to entertain you with lots of information on Jamaica's rich history so feel free to engage them on your trip.
This trip will take you through little rural farming towns and villages. Many of these villages were developed during the plantation era, so much so, till this day, the prime source of income is farming. After a 1 hour 50 minutes ride you get to the village where you will be greeted by our learned resident Maroon Guide who will give a briefing before taking you on a tour of the village while indicating where the various seal grounds are. You will continue on to Kindah (Means one family).
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.