Myitkyina City Tour
Myitkyina is the capital city of Kachin State and it's the biggest city in northern part of Myanmar. Visitors can get here by air or bus. Train journey is possible too connecting to Sar Hmaw, Hopin, Mawluu, Nabar and up to Kathar. Kathar is where George Orwell lived during his lifetime and wrote Burmese Days book.
Things to do in Myitkyina are to visit the confluence of Maykha and Malikha Rivers, walking over the string bridge, visiting Y-Garden, National Manaw Park for the photo stop, weaving factories, the big jade round about in the center of the town and night market where we can taste Kachin style foods. We'll also take a rest at the view point hill in front of Ayeyarwaddy River Front with fresh air. Lunch is included as well as airport pick up and hotel drop off included.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Lunch - We'll choose one fine restaurant for eating traditional lunch.
- Local guide who can speak basic English and Kachin language.
- Boat trip over Makha and Malikha Rivers.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Kachin dress for photo taking.
- Entry/Admission - Irrawaddy Confluence
- Entry/Admission - Myitkyina Central Market
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irrawaddy Confluence, Myitsone, Myitkyina Myanmar
One can see the birthplace of Ayeyarwaddy River. Boat trip is possible to try (except rainy season). Photo with Kachin dress can be taken as remembrance of arrival to Myitsone.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Myitkyina Central Market, Myitkyina, Myanmar (Burma)
The market is truly bustling. Night market is great for night out to taste Kachin traditional foods. In the evening, we can visit to some weaving factories near the area. Kachin Longyi is very popular in Myanmar.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Myitkyina, Myanmar (Burma)
2: Myit Sone Hotel, Myitkyina, Myanmar (Burma)
3: Hotel Nan Thida, Corner of Zaw Gyun Road and Stran Road Near Su Taung Pyae Pagoda, Thida Quarter, Myitkyinā 11101, Myanmar (Burma)
Traveler pickup is offered
We'll also pick up from hotel or bus station in MyitkyinaAirports
- Myitkyina Airport, Myitkyina Myanmar
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.