Mykines | The Puffin Paradise – With A Local Guide | Self-Drive
Experience a whole day out on the tranquil bird island Mykines. Mykines is a protected Ramsar site because of its rich bird-life and outstanding natural beauty. Walk among the birds in one of the biggest puffin colonies in the world, on your way to the famous white lighthouse at the westernmost point of the Faroe Islands. We will take care of everything so that you can relax and enjoy every minute of Mykines and all the puffins. We will supply you with a home-made packed lunch with local toppings such as salmon and bottled water for the hike.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Packed lunch & Bottled water included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mykines Holmur Lighthouse
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sorvagur, Sorvagur, Vagar Island
Enjoy the sail trip from Sørvágur to Mykines along sights such as Múlafossur waterfall, Tindhólmur and Drangarnir.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mykines, Mykines
Your local Tour Guide will greet you on Mykines and tell you about the history and day to day life on the small island.
The hike begins with you walking along some of the most beautiful scenery the Faroe Islands has to offer. You will normally be surrounded by thousands of birds, especially puffins, and there is plenty of time to stop and take pictures.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mykines Holmur Lighthouse, Holmur, Mykines 388 Faroe Islands
Arriving at the westernmost point of the Faroes, where the famous lighthouse is located, you will see plenty of another special type of bird, the Gannet. In the Faroes this majestic bird only lands on Mykineshólmur. An old legend tells the tale of how this came to be which your Guide will be happy to tell you.
At the "Edge of the World" we will have a break and enjoy our packed lunch out in nature.
Hiking back the local Tour Guide will take another route. This is to ensure that you will see as much as possible of the spectacular scenery on your tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: 22 Bakkavegur, Sørvágur, Faroe Islands
2: Fjørdalsgøta, Faroe Islands
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :23 Bakkavegur, Sørvágur 380, Faroe Islands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.