Mykines with a local guide | Self Drive
Enjoy a whole day out at the bird island Mykines. The local guide greets you when you enter the village, and starts right away to tell you stories from the village.
The hike out to the lighthouse on the islet Mykineshólmur, which is a Ramsar site for rich birdlife takes approx. Two hours, and here you will get really up close to the puffins, because you will actually walk right were they nest.
watching the thousands of Puffins, Gannets and others birds, while walking in some of the most beautiful landscapes The Faroes has to offer, really can make the time stand still.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Ferry Tickets
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Port Sørvágur
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from Sørvágur (if you need a taxi from Tórshavn, call 311234. The price i 200DKK each way if you catch an airport shuttle)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port Sørvágur, Sørvágur, Faroe Islands
Join the ferry "Jósup" From the village of Sørvágur to the island of Mykines.
on the sail you will see beautiful sights of Tindhólmur, Drangarnir & Múlafossur
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Mykines Holmur Lighthouse, Holmur, Mykines 388 Faroe Islands
Walk through the biggest puffin colony in the Faroe Islands called Lamba
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mykines Footbridge, Unnamed Road, Faroe Islands
Walk around the village which only has 8 inhabitants
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :1: 28 Bakkavegur, Sørvágur 380, Faroe Islands
2: 8 Fjørdalsgøta, Mykines 388, Faroe Islands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.