Mysteries of Milan: Uncover the city's lesser-known tales on this audio tour
On this self guided audio tour, I’ll show you why Milan has more to offer than design fairs and fashion houses. We’ll start at the city’s cathedral, which is its most famous landmark, but from there I’ll help you seek out its lesser-known corners. You’ll meet despots from the Middle Ages, colourful characters from the Renaissance and the odd saint along the way. The Grim Reaper puts in an appearance too. (But not for long.)
You’ll also hear about
• Milan’s very own Lady Liberty and Loch Ness Monster
• A duke that got his come-uppance
• A collection of rattling old bones that was transformed into works of art
• Madonnas with dirty faces
• A lovely Baroque park
• A city that might have seemed like Venice
• Leonardo da Vinci’s unfinished monument
• Student protests at the historic hospital for the poor
• Black piglets that kept shingles at bay
I’ll point out some great places to stop for coffee and pastries too, as well as a few of the best bars.
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Duomo di Milano, Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milan Italy
The tour starts by the Duomo.
Pass By: Duomo di Milano, P.za del Duomo, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour passes by Baptistery of San Giovanni alle Fonti.
Pass By: Fontana del Piermarini, Piazza Fontana, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour stops by the fountain.
Pass By: Piazza Fontana, 20122 Milan Italy
The tour passes by the piazza.
Pass By: Santuario di San Bernardino alle Ossa, Piazza Santo Stefano, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour stops briefly in front of Santuario di San Bernardino alle Ossa.
Pass By: Basilica di Santo Stefano Maggiore, Piazza Santo Stefano, Milan Italy
The tour stops briefly in front of the Basilica di Santo Stefano Maggiore.
Pass By: Giardini della Guastalla, Via Francesco Sforza, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour passes by the gardens.
Pass By: Viale Ca' Granda, 20126 Milano MI, Italy
The tour passes by Ca' Granda.
Pass By: Mausoleo Trivulzio, Piazza S. Nazaro in Brolo, 3, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour stops briefly in front of Mausoleo Trivulzio.
Pass By: Cappella di Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, Corso di Porta Romana, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour passes by Cappella di Santa Caterina d'Alessandria.
Pass By: ABside, Vicolo Santa Caterina 1, 20122 Milan Italy
The tour passes by ABside.
Pass By: University of Milan, Via Festa del Perdono, 7, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour stops briefly at the university.
Pass By: Via San Antonio Abate, Via S. Antonio Abate, 20070 Quartiere Sarmazzano MI, Italy
The tour passes by Sant'Antonio Abate.
Pass By: Palazzo Greppi, Via Sant'Antonio, 10, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour passes by Palazzo Greppi.
Pass By: Chiesa di San Gottardo in Corte, Via Francesco Pecorari, 2, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour passes by
the Church of Saint Gottardo in Corte.
Pass By: Royal Palace, P.za del Duomo, 12, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The tour ends at the Royal Palace.
Departure Point :Duomo Cathedral Square, Piazza del Duomo, Milano MI, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/30/2020 - 8/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitiser with them to ensure their own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.