Mystical Sutjeska National Park
The park was established in 1962 and is the largest and the earliest declared national park in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Its declaration was based more on it being the site of historic battles rather than for conservation. The park extends over an area of about 17,500 hectares (43,000 acres)
Perućica forest reserve, located within the national park, was established in 1952, as "Natural reserve for scientific and educational purposes".Perućica, which is one of the last two remaining primeval forests in Europe, is one of the five Strict Nature Reserves in Bosnia and Herzegovina
per adult from
What's included :
- English guide
- Entry/Admission - Sarajevo City Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarajevo City Center, Vrbanja 1, Sarajevo 71000 Bosnia and Herzegovina
Established in 1962, Sutjeska Bosnia and Herzegovina's oldest national park in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It includes the highest peak of Maglić at over 2,386 metres (7,828 ft), on the border with Montenegro. The Montenegrin part of Maglić massif in the park has also formed the Trnovačko Jezero (Trnovačko Lake). The Strict Nature Reserve “Perućica”, one of the last two remaining primeval forests in Europe, is part of the park. The park is also famous as being the location of the Battle of the Sutjeska in 1943 during World War II. It is an affiliated member of EUROPARC Federation.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: NowBosnia, Mostar bb, Mostar 88000 Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please specify your location within the city so we may pick you up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.